DHCP snooping causes 1 minute IP delay in Windows machines

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-15 02:11:55
Region : Finland

Model : TL-SG3210

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 1.9.8

ISP :

Hi all,

I have noticed that if I enable DHCP Snooping in the TL-SG3210 that it will take exactly one minute for at least all Windows 7 and 8 machines to obtain an ip address from the router in the lan. The 1 minute countdown starts at the log in screen of Windows and it does not matter if you log in to the machine or not, the delay is always the same 60 seconds. The router with the DHCP server does receive ip requests from the Windows clients and the server replies with DHCPACK but the Windows machines won't get network access and they won't respond to ping until exactly 60 seconds have passed from the first DHCPREQUEST-packet. Any ideas?
Options
1 Reply
Re:DHCP snooping causes 1 minute IP delay in Windows machines
2014-12-15 13:53:12
And just to clarify; the Windows machines get their ips instantly as soon as I disable DHCP snooping in the switch or if I connect them directly to the router. There are several DHCPREQUEST and DHCPACK packets sent between the Windows machine and the router during the one minute delay period. There is no delay with Linux machines connected to the switch when DHCP snooping is enabled.
Options