Same SSID, Multiple BSSIDs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-08 16:15:59
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Meo-WiFi

Is there any option to allow multiple BSSIDs for the same SSID?
In AP Client Router mode (WISP mode) this is particularly important, since you can have multiple HotSpots in range.
At least in WISP mode, the AP should be auto selected by just the SSID, going for the BSSID with the strongest signal.
Thx!

BTW, I'm using the TL-WA7210N but this model wasn't available at the drop down list.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Same SSID, Multiple BSSIDs
2015-01-09 17:22:10
Very creative idea. As I know, TP-LINK has range extender and we can create multiple profiles but users have to select one manually to connect...
WA7210 has no such features.
Options
Re:Same SSID, Multiple BSSIDs
2015-01-12 10:46:21
To be honest, this makes no sense.

i get your idea about multiple BSSIDs for the same SSID so that the clients can roam among the SSIDs and pick up the strongest BSSID to connect. But the precondition has to be those BSSID is covering different area!

Now that you are using one AP to broadcast multi-SSID, in fact the AP is doing nothing special but sending out beacons of different BSSIDs. All these SSIDs are covering exactly the same area. So it is pointless of making the same SSID for multi-SSID in this case because it behaves the same as broadcasting one SSID..
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1609

Replies: 2