Switch port remains in standby when connecting to TP LINK power line TL-PA551KIT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Switch port remains in standby when connecting to TP LINK power line TL-PA551KIT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-25 18:46:23
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-SG1008

Hardware Version : V7

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I bought a TP LINK switch (TL-SG1005D) and the power line kit TL-PA551KIT. The switch aims to provide more connectivity behind the power line device.
Unfortunately, when I power off the switch and power it on again, both the switch port and the power line device port remains in standby (energy saving mode).
I have to connect a real computer to the power line port to wake it up, then I can connect the switch, and everything works fine.

Is it possible to disable to the energy saving mode on the switch? So that, when the switch is up, it can wake up the power line device.

Thanks,
Options
2 Reply
Re:Switch port remains in standby when connecting to TP LINK power line TL-PA551KIT
2015-01-26 09:32:47
Power saving mode can be switched off on PA511 but SG1005D.
Download the SwitchPowerSaveTool from the link as below.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-PA511&version=V1#tbl_j
Options
Re:Switch port remains in standby when connecting to TP LINK power line TL-PA551KIT
2015-01-28 23:09:37
Thanks for you reply, I will try that.
Options