TL-SG2008 and LACP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-SG2008 and LACP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-SG2008 and LACP
TL-SG2008 and LACP
2015-03-30 00:12:01
Region : Germany

Model : TL-SL2210WEB

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 1.0.1 Build 20150203 Rel.51147

ISP :

Hi
Sorry .. my English isn't the best.
So I hope I can descripe my Problem here so that anyone can understand an help me.

I bought a TL-SG2008 to make a two Port LACP Trunk for my Server and my Qnap TS421 NAS to increase the bandwith.
But it won't work :(

Switch Details:
TL-SG2008
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20150203 Rel.51147
Hardware Version: TL-SG2008 1.0

Server Details:
Server has Windows Server 2012R2 as OS
Hardware is a Asus Mainboard Asus P8H67-V and a TP-Link TG-3468 PCIe x1 LAN Adapter.
I use the onboard Nic and the TP-Link TG-3468 PCIe x1 in a Nic Team configurated as LACP Trunk

Qnap Details:
Qnap NAS TS421 with OS QTS 4.1.3

Configuration 1:
Both devices configurated with LACP Trunks with two eth Ports.
The Trunk of the Server works great until I plug in the Qnap ... after pluging in the Qnap it takes arround two minutes and the Switch turns off all Ports.
Except two ... one is the Port where TP-Link TG-3468 PCIe x1 is connectet and it is speed reduced to 10M and the second one is the first eth Port of the Qnap NAS still shown as 1000M.
Only way to get the Switch back to work is unpluging the cable of the TP-Link TG-3468 PCIe x1 and the second Nic of the Qnap and turn of power for a few seconds.

Configuration 2:
Only single eth on the Qnap and a "normal" (Switch independent) Nic Team on the Server.
Pluged in to the Switch are both Ports of the Server and the first eth Port of the Qnap.
But it is still the same ... the Switch turns off all Ports again except the two described above.

Configuration 3:
LACP Trunk on the Qnap
Both Ports of the Qnap are connected to the Switch.
"normal" (Switch independent) Nic Team on the Server.
Only the onboard Nic of the Server is connected to the Switch.
Switch turns off all Ports except the two of the Qnap.

Only way it works is to leave the TP-Link TG-3468 PCIe x1 unplugged and only plug in one Nic of the Qnap.

I don't know what I could do now ... and I'm confused about it.
Hope anyone can help me.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG2008 and LACP
2015-04-02 16:49:20
Did you enable trunk, LAG on the switch before plugging in the cables?

I myself am also just a user struggling to get my network up.....
so this is in no way professional advice.. It might even be wrong.... but I'm just trying to help until ...or even if better help arrives.

What happens if you disable loop protection, and connect everything? If somehow your network freezes up after a minute, then somehow your setup is working as a loop, constantly looping data faster and faster until everything comes to a halt.
...that might be why the switch disables ports (if loop prevention is enabled)

Did you enable LAG on the qnap? System settings --> network --> TCP/IP --> (link aggregation button)
And similar configuration on the server NIC's
On the switch. . Did you set the 2 ports going to the server as a LAG 1?
and the 2 ports going to the NAS as LAG 2?

Also, I learned that trunk means different things in tp-link and Cisco. (So if you ask for advice online, a lot of people will answer in Cisco terms)

I hope you get things functioning soon.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2027

Replies: 1

Related Articles