getting range with a tl-wa7510n as a access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-17 00:34:10
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WA7510N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Comcast (cable)

I had bought a tl-wa7510n bc of all the great reviews on it's range as an access point. I have hooked it up successfully and have connectivity, but my range is only 20 to 30 feet (about 10 meters) and need to at least reach 200 feet (about 69 meters).Help!!! Is there something in the settings, positioning, etc?
Options
3 Reply
Re:getting range with a tl-wa7510n as a access point
2015-04-17 18:00:32
Of course position matters. Make sure there is no walls/obstructions between the AP and your client devices. 5GHz signal can be easily blocked by obstructions. Metal and glass are wifi killers.

Another factor you need to consider is that the client devices like smartphones are usually capable for transmitting for less than 100 meters. Some smartphones are even weaker.
Options
2015-04-18 03:40:54

Tobacco wrote

Of course position matters. Make sure there is no walls/obstructions between the AP and your client devices. 5GHz signal can be easily blocked by obstructions. Metal and glass are wifi killers.Another factor you need to consider is that the client devices like smartphones are usually capable for transmitting for less than 100 meters. Some smartphones are even weaker.
OK.. So maybe I should consider using it as a repeater rather than running cat5 all the way up the side of my house?
Options
2015-04-20 18:35:31
@natekelch

Hi again. honestly I think repeater won't meet your need either. (Actually using AP mode with Ethernet cable is already better..)

The difficulty is that 5GHz is easily blocked by obstructions as I said before. And now that you are using this AP indoor where I think there are a lot of walls/furniture, so the signal won't transmit as far as you required.

If you like to cover WiFi signal for the whole house, you'd better choose power line adapters with WiFi function.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 633

Replies: 3

Related Articles