Help! 2xCPE510 connection at 1km

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-17 20:20:33
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

I need help with my current setup. I have almost full line of sight excluding a few trees here and there but I need my two cpe510's to connect over a span of 1.1km. any advice would be great as setting the device at house one as AP and house 2 as client doesn't seem to work, they can not even see each other.

Thanks in advance.
File:
Diagram.pngDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:Help! 2xCPE510 connection at 1km
2015-07-06 01:42:05

kkeegg wrote

Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

I need help with my current setup. I have almost full line of sight excluding a few trees here and there but I need my two cpe510's to connect over a span of 1.1km. any advice would be great as setting the device at house one as AP and house 2 as client doesn't seem to work, they can not even see each other.

Thanks in advance.

Since House 1 = Server, and House 2 = Client, im just wondering, supposedly "No internet access" or "No Wireless Connection Available"? If "No internet Access" then it will be no ICS has been configured. If its says "No Wireless connection available" then what darren says is exactly true. Anyhow, please specify because 1.1km with a simple fresnel zone still ok with CPE510, just make sure both CPEs are pointed at 10-15deg above should be okay, depending on how close the houses with the obstacles/objects/walls/etc.
Options
2015-07-06 02:10:08

MarHazK wrote

Since House 1 = Server, and House 2 = Client, im just wondering, supposedly "No internet access" or "No Wireless Connection Available"? If "No internet Access" then it will be no ICS has been configured. If its says "No Wireless connection available" then what darren says is exactly true. Anyhow, please specify because 1.1km with a simple fresnel zone still ok with CPE510, just make sure both CPEs are pointed at 10-15deg above should be okay, depending on how close the houses with the obstacles/objects/walls/etc.

@kkeegg posted on 04-17-2015 12:20
You revived a post from middle March, he never came back to the forum, and I'm sure the reason is, he found & learned his post #1 was embarrassing.
When I read it back then I wanted to answer, cut the trees but no I would not.
The other reason I didn't participate, cause usually when people posts few trees, it's usually a Forest
Options
2015-07-06 02:21:00

danymarc wrote

@kkeegg posted on 04-17-2015 12:20
it's usually a Forest

its obviously a forest in 1km range, i bet what-if only a tree along the 1km range lol.. but i havent test the links with blocking forest in 1km yet, but im interesting to know from your answer what if they're forest in 1km. tested wa5210g with few diffraction (not forest but urban area), so i solve it with title it a higher a bit to get the signals.
Options
2015-07-06 05:59:49
Yeah but, 5Ghz. it's totally dif. any obstruction kills it
Options