Loosing internet access for devices connected to wa721on access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-24 01:32:16
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WA7210N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Cox Cable

My goal is to extend wireless internet access to my backyard/acreage. I have a TP-Link access point wired to a Netgear router wired to a cox modem. When I first configure the access point, I can connect to it with either my PC or my phone and receive internet access. However, within a few minutes, I no longer have internet access. The TP-link continues to appear on my netgear network map and it shows up as an available network to connect to.

I have configured the tp link as "access point" and have given it a different SSID than my netgear, though both have the same password.
They have the same subnet mask
The TP link is set to dynamic IP
The Gateway is set to the IP of my Netgear

Do I have a fundamental misunderstanding? Should the router and the TP link have the same SSID? Should I be using "AP Router" instead of "access point"? Should I remove the Netgear router and connect the TP Link directly to the modem.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Loosing internet access for devices connected to wa721on access point
2015-04-24 09:30:20
Set static IP not dynamic
Options
2015-04-27 11:51:21
Thanks for your replies. I changed to a static address to see if that would help. Same problem. Actually, while doing these tests, I'm in the same room with the 7210N and it shows "excellent" signal. I can get to the internet for a minute, maybe 2 minutes, then I lose it. It has been pretty consistent. No matter what changes I make, my access to the internet is only about 2 minutes at the most. It doesn't kick me off the network (SSID), it just won't let me access the internet.
Options
2015-04-27 15:09:01
Options
2015-04-27 22:35:18

2Piedrasmore wrote

I have a TP-Link access point wired to a Netgear router wired

@Reacher as it reads on post #1 he has only one 7210, so TDMA should be disable, and we dont know he upgraded to Beta firmware, so for sure he does not have that option.
@2Piedrasmore if you didnt update to beta firmware, forget TDMA you dont have that option, in case you did you only have one 72 so it has to be disable.
in case you have not upgrade it to beta firmware do so, download it here http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?79363-TL-WA7210N_V2_150127_Beta-add-support-for-MAXtream-(TDMA)-mode copy and paste the link to download.
What can cause disconnections its a worng ip, Netgear usually is 192.168.1.1 if so set 72 to 192.168.1. 2
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 727

Replies: 4