TL-WA7210N dns problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WA7210N dns problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WA7210N dns problem
TL-WA7210N dns problem
2015-04-25 17:51:03
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-WA7210N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,I just bought a TL-WA7210N to be used as a range extender on our farm. This because i didnt want to wire everything up.The setup for the RE was pretty easy but i am running into a problem.My router gave the RE an ip address and i can ping it.I can login the RE and ping the router and for example 8.8.8.8, but as soon as i ping google.com it fails. Seems to be and dns problem. But how can i resolve this?I have some years of experience with networking and computers but a RE is new to me.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA7210N dns problem
2015-04-27 02:17:14
I hate Repeating modes cause they suck, try WISP mode it's a repeating mode too here http://www.tp-link.de/article/?faqid=617
Set 192.168.3.0 as ip
Step 3 you can use the Quick Set Up or config manual
Step 5 set Dynamic, Ignore the ISP your main router is the ISP in your case
Step 7 in AP Setting set a dif. SSID from main router, later when all works you can set same SSID as main router, I don't recommend it, stay with dif. SSID
If you still got problems upgrade to the, Beta firmware and test, here http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?79363-TL-WA7210N_V2_150127_Beta-add-support-for-MAXtream-(TDMA)-mode
And if you still got them, as I told you Repeater modes suck, instead of repeating send the wifi, set 72 on AP mode, mount 72 outside facing and tilting as need it, towards the area you need to extend wifi
and if does not accomplish your needs, cause does not cover all the area in need, just add a 741 router flashed with a third party firmware, and that will do.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 1

Related Articles