TL-WA7210N Installation Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-14 10:37:32
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Is there a recommended Height off the ground for a TL-WA7210N?

I am using this in my backyard for WiFi access to my phones, so I can control my Sonos while outside. I have a oddly shaped backyard, the furthest point where I'm trying to get wifi is 285' from this AP. I'm not sure if having this antenna 15' in the air, while I am 5'10" off the ground with my phone in my hand is the best way to do this. If this is covered in another forum, and this has already been covered please don't kill me, I looked and couldn't find anything.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA7210N Installation Question
2015-05-14 11:33:32
15 feet is enough. I think you are placing the TL-WA7210N on the roof or outside the window, right? If so it should be fine.

The only thing you must notice is that this TL-WA7210N is a directional access point which means it will focus the signal to one direction. Its emission angle is Horizontal: 60° Vertical: 30°. So when you install, you'd better align it to your desired direction. (I think it should be facing down slightly to the ground in your case.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 321

Replies: 1

Related Articles