7210n as AP Client Router the signal reception is very unstable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-28 11:42:37
i only use 7210n for AP Client Router, but the signal reception is very unstable (yes i have clear sight and only 350 m away)

before connect i got 30db signal, after connect i got 25db, after 30 seconds the signal drop to 12 db or less,, then the signal goes up and down between 8db to 17db

is it normal? i've been using it for 3 months and it's only get worse
can this beta firmware fix it? i've been thinking about get external antenna for couple weeks then i saw this forum,, i think i will give it a try

i post it in my blog and many people also experienced the same, and some said 5210g work better with internal antenna and 7210n work better with external antenna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
beta firmware doesn't help with my case :mad:
Options
3 Reply
Re:7210n as AP Client Router the signal reception is very unstable
2015-06-01 13:28:44
Channel interference. Try different channels and use channel width 20MHz (HT20).

Also, if you are using 7210 as a AP client router, it is a client device, you should both ends to ensure a stable link. What is the device at AP side? Have you adjusted the settings and position of that device?
Options
2015-06-01 16:09:42
AP-Client router mode sucks cause is a repeating mode
Set Client mode it's like laying a imaginary cable between devices, for wireless on Client side just add a cheap router as AP
Options
2015-06-15 10:01:06
im so sorry my laptop had been broken this couple weeks, and i also can't access internet

zetm wrote

Channel interference. Try different channels and use channel width 20MHz (HT20).

Also, if you are using 7210 as a AP client router, it is a client device, you should both ends to ensure a stable link. What is the device at AP side? Have you adjusted the settings and position of that device?

i don't really pay attention before but since you mention it i noticed something
my signal actually always stable at night, at 17 - 21db between 10pm to 9am
then i realize it's because damn cafe across the street (it's literally 10meters from my house), every time they turn the wifi on (they have two routers), my signal begin to dropping low to 8-12db and get worse when the cafe is full of people

7210 AP client mode can not set channel setting manually, it's automatically assign it's always like this http://prntscr.com/7h270h
i have no access to the AP side, im just using the internet, it's like public internet but they use triangle tower, and i can see they use grid antenna but im not sure what device they use,,

im still thinking about add external grid antenna TL-ANT2424B,but it's quite pricey im afraid if it's can't fix my problem
what you think?

AP-Client router mode sucks cause is a repeating mode
Set Client mode it's like laying a imaginary cable between devices, for wireless on Client side just add a cheap router as AP

unfortunately i only can set to AP-client mode, it's a public wifi and has some restricted rule accesss
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 675

Replies: 3

Related Articles