After Lightning storm two cameras won't power up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-05 08:14:21
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-SG1008

Hardware Version : V7

Firmware Version :

ISP : Comcast

This thing has been working great for my 4 cameras. We had a storm a few nights ago and two of the cameras are no longer working. The switch is on a surge protector inside the house.

I took the cameras down today and they work fine if I use regular power and ethernet. But the POE doesn't work at all. Any ideas?

I have reset them and the switch and nothing.

Its like the poe connection at the camera got fried. But ethernet works good in it
Options
4 Reply
Re:After Lightning storm two cameras won't power up
2015-06-05 14:24:34
Model : TL-SG1008P?
Did you try different POE ports on the switch to connect those two cameras?
You should contact camera's technical support and check if they are under warranty.
Options
2015-06-10 22:58:29
Warranty doesn't cover lightning.The ports work fine. I had wifi for years and not once had a issue with storms. I had this switch for about two months and two of my cameras are no good.Is this normal? How do I avoid this from happening again?
Options
2015-06-11 17:05:34
Do you have a power socket or a power extension cord with Surge Protector feature?
Options
2015-06-11 20:26:10
I have a surge protector with a 6ft cord. I have the switch plugged into that. Then Poe wires running through hole in ceiling going to attic then cameras
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 782

Replies: 4

Related Articles