TL CPE210 Change of the SSIC of the

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-09 20:05:45
Region : Portugal

Model : CPE210

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi.

I configured 2 devices (one=Acess Point and two=Client) distanced about 500m and it works fine.

I gave the SSID to the "wifi network" in the 2 devices as "name123" with a password, that may be accessed in the range.

I've already changed the password in the access point and it was replicated in the client device configuration.

But can I also change the SSID ot the "wifi network" (change SSID device), v.g., to "nameXYZ" with no need to configure again the 2 devices (as I did from the begining) or that change will update the 2 devices that are connected without any new overall configuration (updating the wifi network) ?

Thank you.

Manuel Arruda.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL CPE210 Change of the SSIC of the
2015-06-09 21:51:09
The replicated in the client is news to me, should not be that way
To do any change, like SSID if you are on the AP side change first Client SSID then change AP in case you are on the Client side the opposite AP first then Client
Options
2015-06-10 00:21:24
Thank you.

Yes. I entered at the admin configuration with the IP of the AP side and changed the password of the network.
When I entered at the admin configuration with the IP of the Client side, the password was updated.

My problem is that to configure again all the process will be very difficult and I would like to know if I could simply change the SSID (the name of the wifi network, v.g, from test-name1 to test-name2) and if the client device also be updated with no gap.

If that is possible, will be great.

Thanks once again.

Manuel.
Options
2015-06-10 02:51:05
I already answer how to do it.
if you are not sure of what you are going to do do a Back-Up of AP % Client
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 467