Tidying Up a PoE Installation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-10 19:34:27
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-SF1008P

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
We have been steadily collecting TP-Link gear here in the office for a few years now. Some of the kit is PoE and we thought that one day, when we had accumulated enough devices, we would buy a PoE switch to replace all the individual power injectors that were supplied with the devices. So we purchased a SF1008P thinking that it would be just what we needed. When we connected it up none of the PoE devices worked. After a call to TP-Link I was told that there were two different 'types' of PoE and that their switches didn't work on the same system as their other devices. I was slightly confused but very disappointed that we couldn't eliminate all the messy wiring associated with the injectors.

Is there any switch or multi-port PoE injector that we can use to eliminate all the individual injectors that we have? We have four devices at the moment but may add more later.

Thanks,
Paul.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tidying Up a PoE Installation
2015-06-11 09:25:36
Paul, you have confirmed that all four devices support passive PoE instead of standard PoE?
As I know, TP-LINK has no switch which support passive PoE.
In your case, you can use TL-SF1008P plus four TL-POE10R to power on those devices.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-POE10R_V4.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 1

Related Articles