Cross-city network using 4 TP Link TL-WA5210G

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-02 17:14:30
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : N/A

Hello,

I am setting up a network in my city that links City Hall with an apartment building. The people in City Hall need to be able to watch the camera footage streaming from the apartments.

The two buildings are close geographically but don't have a line of sight. I picked up 4 TP Link WA5210G and set them up as Bridging APs as per instructions. I hooked one up in the apartments and connected it directly via ethernet to the DVR [Camera recording equipment]. I then placed 2 side by side at a midpoint and the 4th I placed in City Hall connected via ethernet to the monitoring PC.

The distance between City Hall and the apartments is ~800m.

They are all set up as bridges. I can get a signal outside City Hall via my phone + laptop but my feeling is that Im seeing the first AP and not the closest in the network

[CITY_HALL][AP]--))) (((--[AP][AP]--))) (((--[AP][APARTMENT_BUILDING]

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks all,
Options
5 Reply
Re:Cross-city network using 4 TP Link TL-WA5210G
2015-07-02 20:33:52
It will be a nightmare on the 2.4 Ghz. band, sale them and get CPE510s Pharos line
At least set the AP-Client bridge mode is a Legacy mode, you are cutting Bandwidth to 1/2
Should had asked first, then buy later.
Options
2015-07-02 20:39:29
Thank you for the swift reply.

Im about to go out again and try to get it working - my boss bought them and has now disappeared for 2 weeks so Im stuck with them for the moment.

If I set them up in Bridge with AP and input all of them into the Mac address list will they not see each other?

(The technician on-site linked the middle two via ethernet - does that work?)

Apologies - I dont usually do this kind of work
Options
2015-07-02 21:50:06

LimerickInstaller wrote

If I set them up in Bridge with AP and input all of them into the Mac address list will they not see each other?

they will see, but any one can Spoof the Mac address
I posted, set AP-Client
Options
2015-07-06 22:43:03

danymarc wrote

It will be a nightmare on the 2.4 Ghz. band

just want to add, WA5210G might get the interference once the Tx-Rx distances are above 400m+ at the clear sights.. and 200m+ incase there's fresnel zone or any trees/buildings in the middle.

To avoid that, use:
1) 5GHz CPE or ..
2) 27dbm 2.4GHz AP with 24dbi TL-ANT2424B or Yagi antenna
Options
2015-07-07 16:24:51
Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

The job is done now, I removed one of the middle APs and installed an omni-directional antenna on the remaining one.

I made the middle one the client and set up the network that way.

Thanks again
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 737

Replies: 5

Related Articles