rename SSID of TL-WA7210N device in repeater\extender mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-02 17:25:23
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello guys! Is it possible to rename SSID of TL-WA7210N device in repeater\extender mode?
I'm gonna use it as range extender for ipad-controlled wi-fi quadcopter drone (parrot bebop). But the problem is: since drone and router have the same network names one cannot be sure which way they are connected: "ipad-drone" or "ipad-router-drone", sometimes it switches between them and losts connection.
All routers I tested have corresponding option - create output wi-fi network with different SSID in repeater mode (usually with _EXT suffix by default), but WA7210N doesn't have such feature. Any ideas?
Thank you!
Andrey
Options
2 Reply
Re:rename SSID of TL-WA7210N device in repeater\extender mode
2015-07-02 20:29:42
No you can't, Repeater sucks, it's a nightmare mode
Try Ap-Client router it's a repeating mode WISP style, there you can change SSID
Options
Re:rename SSID of TL-WA7210N device in repeater\extender mode
2015-07-03 14:25:04
Thanks, I tried this but quadcopter doesn't connect to the AP in "router" mode, don't know exact reason.. All routers that I tried can be connected only in "AP client" or "extendedr\repeater" modes to the drone
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1059

Replies: 2