CPE510 Error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

CPE510 Error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
CPE510 Error
CPE510 Error
2015-07-15 15:51:09
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : TP_PharOS_1.2.1_150522

ISP : MEO

Hello,

I bought two TP LINK CPE510 for the purpose of operating as a repeater, one in my house and the other to a client. The telephone support TP LINK told me that configured as a repeater could expand the signal to 3km smoothly, which is enough.
The point is that there is no way to set up as a repeater even as AP.

I will explain the structure of the network in my house:

Internet - Router operator that runs 2..4GHz, sending wireless also named "xy" for example.

I tried setting the TPLINK CPE510 in repeater mode but when I do the research networks not just find my wireless or any other (there is a couple of networks of neighbors) that comes in the smartphone for example! I tried to set up as AP, called the CPE510 to the router by cable, set up the wireless on cpe510 everything right, but once configured search the network I created on your smartphone, tablet or laptop and do not see it !!

And then as the CPE 510 runs at 5GHz and my structure at home (router operator) at 2.4GHz, I assumed that the problem could be here, different frequencies, and spoke to the telephone support of TPLINK again and was said he would have to buy a router TPLINK DUAL and already work! There spent more money and bought the TP LINK AC750 DUAL BAND, I got home and set the new router, I called to my cable operator router, set up a new wireless network operating at 2.4 and 5 GHz!

In the end, I went back to try to configure the CPE 510 as a repeater, this time and seek the networks but meeting new network created with the TP LINK AC750, I just setup and when I test if for example 1km from my house I found my wireless network simply is not, nor 1km or 500m or 300m ... ie not to repeat this or this my smartphone (Huawei P8 have a lite) do not see the network! Also I tried to set up as AP and passes the same thing!

Not honestly know what may be misconfigured !! grateful for your help. the mobile devices like smartphones and tablets recent or portable should see a wireless network at 5GHz right?

Thank you,

M. N.
Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE510 Error
2015-07-15 22:06:38

MarcoNunes wrote

one in my house and the other to a client.

set one as AP on the house that has Internet connected to the ISP router, and the other set on Client mode, on your friends or client home, they have to be set outdoors, and have to be in line of sight, both 510s have to see each other, you will have wifi via ethernet cable, you can try with a computer, I dont know if the 750 they made you buy supports AP mode if it does you are ok if not you will have to nuy a router like 740 or 741 to deliver wifi to your frienda home.
The guy that supported you, you should send him a loaded gun, and telll him to put it in his mouth and if he shoots he will be able to see wifi

@MarcoNunes delete the other post, to avoid answers on the two.
Options
2015-07-16 16:00:44
Thank you danymarc!

Yesterday i spooke withe another technician and i will change the CPE510 to CPE210. first because the frequency and second cause in repeater mode neither the cpe210 or 510 works like they said to me on support! maximum signal in repeater mode with one CPE is around 150-300meters...

Configuring like you said it works if i buy a dual band router to give wifi in the client house for example, other else in some smartphones / tablets / laptops maybe don't work cause they don't support 5GHz connections...

Best regards,

Marco Nunes
Options
2015-07-16 18:51:02
You don't need to buy a Dual band router, any router, buy a 740 or 741 those are the cheapest of the line, that will do,
Besides linking 2 homes, if you want wifi along the link, either you need a smartphone like iPhone 5 or 6 that is capable of Connectiing or any iPad or you change it for a pair of 210s
But if you are in a crowded 2.4 Ghz. spectrum you will have issues, post what you want to accomplish with smartphones & tablets besides linking 2 homes to help you
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 803

Replies: 3

Related Articles