5210 - no connection until reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-20 22:37:14
Region : Others

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : TL-WA5210G_V2_140523

ISP :

hi all, we have an issues with SOME of the 5210's. they work 100% for a random amount of time, and then it stops working until the client unplug the cpe and plug it back.

we use all cpe's as ap client router, dynamic ip, dhcp enabled on the cpe

all cpe's connect to ALTAI AP's.

has anyone come across this before, and if so please help me get this issue sorted

tx
chris
Options
7 Reply
Re:5210 - no connection until reset
2015-07-21 05:47:04

chris865 wrote

all cpe's connect to ALTAI AP's.

how many is ALL and distance (separation) between them
Question, are you forced to set AP-Client Router mode on 5210, can you set Client mode. on Version 1, Ap-Client-Router mode does not provide wireless, so its useless to set a mode that pays a 50% of data penalty rate
Options
2015-07-21 15:43:12
thanks for the reply danymarc

i would guess about 100 cpe's, and the distances range from 10m to 2km.
we use wisp mode on all cpe's. having some issues with the 7210's so we dont really use them

issue with the 5210's only started recently.

tx
chris
Options
2015-07-21 19:06:40

chris865 wrote

i would guess about 100 cpe's, and the distances range from 10m to 2km.
we use wisp mode on all cpe's. having some issues with the 7210's so we dont really use them

I asked 2 questions, you didn't answer them, you are guessing one, how could be possible it's guess you have 100, if you guess you have 100, them I have lots of questions for you.
1-Is it your Network, is a friends, or you just bought it
2-who administrates the network
3-and with what device do you adminstrate it, do you have a RB from Mikrotik or any other network administrator
4-your Backhaul (main AP Altai) how many are
5-how many Clients (5210s) you have connected to each Altai AP
6-how far separated are the Altai APs from each other, if you upload a picture of the deploy would be excellent
7-do you use Thunder Cache or Handy Cache or any other Cache
8-with those, SOME 5210s you started to have issues, are those new Customers (deploys) you have set, or old customers
9-you never answered the second question on my first post, the 5210s you are having issues, are they connected to the same Atai AP or different
Post answers to my questions, do not guess and start reading this thread from post #5 https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=48725
Options
2015-07-22 15:21:07

danymarc wrote

I asked 2 questions, you didn't answer them, you are guessing one, how could be possible it's guess you have 100, if you guess you have 100, them I have lots of questions for you.
1-Is it your Network, is a friends, or you just bought it - what does this have todo with the problem im having
2-who administrates the network - who cares
3-and with what device do you adminstrate it, browser and a laptop (who cares) do you have a RB from Mikrotik or any other network administrator - yes, nothing todo with the issue im having
4-your Backhaul (main AP Altai) how many are (who cares)
5-how many Clients (5210s) you have connected to each Altai AP - between 0 and 10, i guess, (but you dont like guessing). so let me rephrase - it obviously change as clients get on and drop, so that is why i am GUESSING 0 -10 (you happy with that answer?)
6-how far separated are the Altai APs from each other, if you upload a picture of the deploy would be excellent - 400m - 1km
7-do you use Thunder Cache or Handy Cache or any other Cache - no
8-with those, SOME 5210s you started to have issues, are those new Customers (deploys) you have set, or old customers - its random
9-you never answered the second question on my first post, the 5210s you are having issues, are they connected to the same Atai AP or different - different
Post answers to my questions, do not guess and start reading this thread from post #5 https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=48725

as for your original questions - currently there is 82 tp-link 5210 clients, and 1 tp-link7210 client, but who knows - it changes constantly. so that is why i guessed, but heh - im sorry wont guess again.
and for question 2 - we use the the "quick setup" wizard, we select AP Client Router option, dynamic ip, and we enter our ssid. that generates it as a client setup. so your question - are we forced to use it? - heck no!!!, we arent forced to use anything, but it works for us

so now back to my question - have you come across this before? and if so do you have any ideas where i can start looking to solve this problem?

tx
chris
Options
2015-07-22 16:12:39
Use different channels(1, 6, 11) on adjacent access points.
And keep the access points at least 6 meters away from each other, the farther the better.
Navigate to wireless settings --> distance settings to set the distance value to 3KM.

Try it.
Options
2015-07-22 17:31:23
sweet - will try the distance setting

tx
Options
2015-07-22 20:08:40

chris865 wrote

sweet - will try the distance setting
tx

By default in 5210 distance is set to 4 Kms. and it's useless to set it what ever you input makes no dif. does not work
Distance started to work with 7210
And if you want to set it, is set to 110% of actual distance, and every 5210 has its own, cause all have a dif. distance on your deploy

sube imagenes
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 844

Replies: 7

Related Articles