No power on antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No power on antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No power on antenna
No power on antenna
2015-07-23 23:17:16
Region : Others

Model : CPE510

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Just received my new antenna, out of the box and plugged it in and it doesn't show any signs of power. The lights on the antenna itself are all off.Funnily if i disconnect the Poe a green power light turns on in the power supply.
Options
14 Reply
Re:No power on antenna
2015-07-24 09:22:31
The signal LEDs won't light up and the wireless signal won't broadcast untill you log in the web interface to begin configuration. That is how it is designed to comply with radio regulations.

So the only thing you need confirm is whether the power LED is on or not when you attempt to power on the CPE510 through the included passive PoE adapter.

If the power LED is off, contact the shop to get a new one.

BTW, you cannot power it through standard 802.3af/at sources because it uses passive PoE.
Options
2015-07-24 17:31:46
Thanks Tobacco,The power led on power supply is on until I plug it to antenna at which point the led turns off and the antenna power led is still off.Guessing it needs replacing.
Options
2015-07-24 20:20:34

matumba wrote

Thanks Tobacco,The power led on power supply is on until I plug it to antenna at which point the led turns off and the antenna power led is still off.Guessing it needs replacing.

I sell a lot of 210/510s and 50% of customers first time they power a CPE do it wrong, the other 50% do it connected right, but set the computer wrong
It has 2 ports, one is POE passthrough, don't connect to that one, looking at 510 face down you connect to left port from POE
Computer has to have wifi adapter disable and Lan adapter enable in STATIC ip 192.168.0.1 and the address you log in browser is 192.168.0.254
I will get to my business in about 2 hr. will shoot a picture on how connections should be
this post will be edited if you or no one answers

subir imagen

subefotos

subir foto
connect the empty LAN port on the (black) POE to computer
Options
2015-07-25 17:42:06
Still think Its broken. check both pictures, connected correctly light Is off on both power and antenna. unplug the patch cable ad power turns on on the power supply???
File:
IMG_5616.JPGDownload
IMG_5617.JPGDownload
Options
2015-07-25 20:16:11
try other brand of cables
If you have Tp-Link routers, a Ethernet cable comes with every router, if you have one of those try with it, if not, with any other but not the ones you are testing with
Options
2015-07-25 21:37:33
The remote reset feature on the PoE is great. I wish I have that bundled with my WA7210N.
Options
2015-07-27 17:26:35

matumba wrote

It is very strange that the PoE adapter's LED turns off...It looks like short circuit to me..:eek:

I saw you are using a shield cable, probably with ground wire inside, I guess. I am not sure, but I think you can take @danymarc's suggestion of trying the original cable included inside the box.

There can be possibility that some unknown issue between the cable and the CPE.
Options
2015-07-27 19:21:16

Tobacco wrote

I saw you are using a shield cable, probably with ground wire inside, I guess...

I don't know if such cable exists, ground wire along/inside of data cable. Seems scary :D
That will save time and money for cabling, but I think it must be setup like picture below:

I haven't setup the grounding on my 7210N. I know I need to add surge protector as well before rainy-thunderous season comes.
Options
2015-07-27 20:37:08

blacktandog wrote

I don't know if such cable exists, ground wire along/inside of data cable

You should not doubt any of @Tobacco posts, he has a lot of network knowledge, you are talking about a dif. thing, your picture is about grounding your 7210, and shielded UTP cable is another matter.
See video and check shielded cable has 9 threads and the RJ-45 connectors are metal
How do I properly crimp TOUGHCable Pro and Carrier cables? video
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-Frequently-Asked/airMAX-How-do-I-properly-crimp-TOUGHCable-Pro-and-Carrier-cables/ta-p/413767
Options
2015-07-28 05:39:50
Matumba's CPE510 pic seems like ordinary UTP cable to me.

Also, when I bought my 7210N, the seller said that surge protector won't be necessary unless I place it higher than 15M... and real lightning protector will cost more than US$200.
Now I know that cable with ground wire inside really exists :o
Thanks danymarc & Tobacco. You guys make this forum become more than just a "product complaining" forum :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2661

Replies: 14

Related Articles