No power on antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No power on antenna

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:No power on antenna
2015-07-28 06:28:49

blacktandog wrote

Now I know that cable with ground wire inside really exists

but, you must no use, shielded cable & metal RJ-45 connectors on 7210, you are ok as you are, your 7210 is grounded
Options
2015-07-28 23:24:16
Thanks for your help guys, no cable was included and the ones I bought didn't work for some reason. All fixed now :)Now trying to use it as an access point but not having much luck. I needed it to acces from mobile devices just short of a kilometre away on direct line of sight but the signal is too weak.Any pointers? Upgrade firmware or specific settings you can advice?Thx again!G
Options
2015-07-29 04:43:38

matumba wrote

1-no cable was included and the ones I bought didn't work for some reason.
2-All fixed now :)
3-Now trying to use it as an access point but not having much luck. I needed it to acces from mobile devices just short of a kilometre away on direct line of sight but the signal is too weak.Any pointers? Upgrade firmware or specific settings you can advice?Thx again!G

1-I posted on #6 If you have Tp-Link routers Pharos does not include Lan cables
2-i assume by your post, they changed, if not post how
3-510 is a 5Ghz device so only 5Ghz devices will connect to like iPhone 5/6/6 Plus, and all iPads, on Android someone that uses should post.
about the short Kilometer away its not a short distance for mobile devices, its very long one on the 5Ghz band 510 can make 10plus Kms linked to another 510, but as a AP with 5Ghz devices good web surfing 200-300 meters
Options
2015-07-29 08:57:31
the ones I bought didn't work for some reason. All fixed now

I am interested with the cable that didn't work. Is it a cross cable or straight cable?

matumba wrote

I needed it to acces from mobile devices just short of a kilometre away on direct line of sight but the signal is too weak.

That‘s too far for the smartphone/laptops to talk back. Communication is always bidirectional. The CPE is powerful enough to transmit the signal to a far place. But the client devices such as smartphones/tables/laptops is usually capable for 200~300 meters. Some are better while some are even worst.

The right way is to set up a point to point link and re-broadcast the signal.

Internet gateway --------CPE_AP )))) (((( CPE_bridge with_AP_mode ))))) smartphones

Or a better topo to guarantee the performance:
Internet gateway --------CPE_AP )))) (((( CPE_client ------ desktop AP )))) smartphones
Options
Related Articles