what would cause this???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

what would cause this???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
what would cause this???
what would cause this???
2015-07-27 03:56:26
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-SG1008

Hardware Version : V7

Firmware Version :

ISP :

We had some lightning the other day that left a switch not working. I ordered a new exact replacement (this happens about once a year) which was a SG1016 and hooked it up and still did not work. I had also ordered a second one as a backup and an SG108 for a backup of a smaller switch we had at a different location on network. I hooked up the other SG1016 and same thing, did not work. I spent an hour tracking wires and testing them with no luck. I took the new SG108 and hooked it up and it works great. I have since hooked up the SG1016 in different locations on network and it works fine. At the problem location when I connect the incoming connection to the SG1016 no light comes on, nothing happens. when I hook up the SG108, the light comes on and it works perfect. I have replaced both connectors on wire with no luck. My question is how can the SG108 work perfectly but the SG1016's not. is there anything someone can recommend I try or test to figure out what is causing the problem? It would make more sense to me if neither switch would work but I am confused that one works and the other doesn't.

thank you for any help or advice,

Moses
Options
2 Reply
Re:what would cause this???
2015-07-27 10:24:43
SG1016 worked before lightning?
As you said SG1016 doesn't work, what does it mean? Lights are normal but no internet connection? No IP address obtained?
Options
Re:what would cause this???
2015-07-27 20:02:40
yes SG1016 worked before for several years and when this happened before we would just replace the switch and all worked fine. The new SG1016 just shows the power light on. no internet, ip or local connection. ip address comes back as 169.something which I believe is the default when unable to get one.makes me think something in the wiring is bad but works fine on the SG108
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 481

Replies: 2

Related Articles