What setup do I need for use in an RV park

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-29 14:31:46
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Centurylink

So I work from home, and recently decided to exploit this fact and have started summering different places in my RV. I talked to the owners at the RV park I am staying at and they seem willing to allow me to have a cable or DSL modem installed at their front office. While I am a techy person, I am a little unclear on the exact capabilities of the outdoor equipment (and have never set up a bridge/AP type setup). I have about 15 or so devices in my RV. Can I set up on of the CPE's at the office and the other on my RV. Do they do their own routing and can I connect multiple clients to the CPE at the same time? Or will I need to connect it to a separate access point? I have some device in my RV that are 2.4ghz only, but if I could, I would like the CPE's to use 5ghz to avoid interference from the park wifi and people with hotspots.
Options
4 Reply
Re:What setup do I need for use in an RV park
2015-07-29 16:54:55
You posted twice you have multiple devices, and how do we guess what you call multiple devices
Post brand & models
The part I don't understand is allow you to have a cable or DSL modem at office, you mean you are going to hire a new isp service, cause at the end you post about interference from wifis park
For 5 Ghz deploy a pair of PHAROS 510s will do to link the office and your RV
But also you want to make it a Hotspot for others
Options
2015-07-29 17:21:36
By "devices" I was referring to PC's, phones, gaming consoles.. etc. And yes, I would subscribe to a new line of service from a local ISP. They currently have 2 modems serving the park, and would allow me to pay for a 3rd that I could use privately. My concerns over interference were do to the quantity of 2.4ghz wireless networks in close proximity. There are about 20+ just in range of my laptop... so I figured I may see better results on 5ghz.
Options
2015-07-29 17:35:48
So would this be a valid setup? MODEM > CPE510 > CPE510 > Wireless Router (for 2.4ghz compatibility)

Or I could do CPE210's and eliminate my own router?

As I have never done a long range wireless link before, is the quantity or density of 2.4ghz traffic between me and the office a concern?
Options
2015-07-30 11:05:08
Don't mess with 2.4Ghz go for 5Ghz a cheap router is not a concern I don't know how much Megas you will hire
ISP (modem) 510 AP mode----510 Client mode---router
Post what you call a long range link (distance)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1123

Replies: 4