want Setup Outdoor Access Point with Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-31 03:29:36
As I have been using Router Archer C7 & want a setup to share internet via Outdoor Access Point “ CPE210” (or any alternative)

1) Is Outdoor Access Point “ CPE210” compatible with Archer C7 router ?
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

2) My friend is living within 1 km distance from my house, can I use only 1 outdoor Access point (like CPE210) to share my internet for his laptop ?
or I must add one more outdoor ACCESS Point to share internet for my friend’s laptop ?
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

3) Outdoor Access Point “CPE210” wireless range is 5km in theory. Would it be enough for 1 km distance in real life ? (if no blockage / obstruction)

4) can Archer C7 connect to Access Point “CPE210” via wireless
or
only wired connection would require to be configured b/w archer C7 & outdoor Access Point “CPE210” ?

5)do all houses / buildings catch the wifi signals b/w 2 Outdoor Access Point ??
or does it work only on those devices connected with wired connection (like Archer C7 connected to outdoor Access Point)
look snapshot

awaiting experts replies with best hopes
Options
2 Reply
Re:want Setup Outdoor Access Point with Archer C7
2015-07-31 04:47:33
Note: Im not an expert.
1-any AP no matter brand or model, is campatible with any router
2-you need LOS (line of sight) between AP and smartphone or Lap on your friends home
3-yes, but not ideal, 210 was made to be use in pairs
4-if you mean instead of placing it in your home you are placing 210 in friends home, using repater or AP-Client router mode in theory yes,just in theory.
5-any AP placed outside, its signal will be seen by any, but only seen, only the ones have your password will connect.
What I would do if you have LOS buy 2 CPE510s place one at your home on AP mode, place the other 510 at your friends home on Client mode, connect his Lap to Client and he will have internet, if he wants to have wireless around his home add any router a Cheap one like 740 or 741 instead of connecting lan cable to lap connect to the 740 or 741 router, disable DHCP to make the router AP assign dif. ip from the Pharos and that will do
Why 510s 210 are 2.4Ghz and that freq. is very crowded. unless 5Ghz is illegal in Pakistan I recommend 5Ghz. the advantage of 510 if you set TEST MODE you will be able to link in 6Ghz. there is no one using that freq. so the link will be clean noiseless.
Options
Re:want Setup Outdoor Access Point with Archer C7
2015-08-01 18:26:58
nice reply mr danymarc !!

thanx for reply

by reading ur reply i decided not to buy outdoor AP as it won't fulfill my requirements

cheers !
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 808

Replies: 2