TL-SG108E VLAN settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-SG108E VLAN settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-SG108E VLAN settings
TL-SG108E VLAN settings
2015-08-05 01:16:16
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just bought a TL-SG108E switch.

Port 1 is connected to my router through a pair Ethernet via mains sockets.
Port 2 is connected to my PC, and is quite happily allowing it to receive a DHCP response from the router.

I then connected my laptop to the switch, expecting it to get a IP address from the router. Unfortunately it did not. After a couple of hours effort finally resolved the issue.

1. I put mirroring on the switch so that I could see the network traffic, via Wireshark on the PC, when I reset the network on the laptop. I could see the DHCP requests, but no responses.
2. I deleted the network card and let the laptop reinstall it, with drivers. Still not working.
3. I cleared and reset the IP settings - ipconfig /release, ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /renew. Still not working.
4. Moved the laptop to the router and connected it directly. Immediately gets a IP address.
5. Moved back to the office and connected to the switch. Again not working.
6. Connected the laptop directly to mains adapter. Immediately gets a IP address. So the problem is the TL-SQ108E?
7. Moved from port 8 to port 3. Still not working.
8. Started checking through the TL-SG108E configurations. Found that there were 3 VLANs configured under 802.1Q VLAN which was enabled.
8a. VLAN 1 Default-VLAN on ports 1-8.
8b. VLAN 100 Office on ports 1 and 2.
8c. VLAN 202 API on ports 2 through 8.

So I deleted the Office and API VLANs and rebooted the switch. It now works correctly.

Were these settings supplied by TP-LINK or has the switch been configured before I bought from the shop?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG108E VLAN settings
2015-08-25 00:26:04
Only VLAN 1 existed by default on the TL-SG108E I bought recently, someone must have manually added the others to yours, unless you imported a configuration file from somewhere that might have had them in it?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1852

Replies: 1

Related Articles