WiFi SSID not being listed in the client devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-05 12:39:59
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have got a new TP-LINK CPE510. I could connect it properly and see all the LEDs glowing as per the settings. I want to use it as an access point. But I could not see the SSID listed in mobile or laptop. All the signal LEDs glow and I could communicate through the Ethernet and change the settings. Factory reset also works. Please let me know what can go wrong

Regards,
Harsha
Options
5 Reply
Re:WiFi SSID not being listed in the client devices
2015-08-05 14:08:37
CPE510 is 5GHz only.

1. The first thing you need to check is that your mobile phone and laptop is capable of 5GHz Wi-Fi. Not all smartphones/laptops can support 5GHz Wi-Fi.

2. Make sure you are using Region India in the wireless menu of CPE510.
Options
WiFi range
2015-08-05 14:52:11

zetm wrote

CPE510 is 5GHz only.

1. The first thing you need to check is that your mobile phone and laptop is capable of 5GHz Wi-Fi. Not all smartphones/laptops can support 5GHz Wi-Fi.

2. Make sure you are using Region India in the wireless menu of CPE510.

Thank You for the reply. I could sort it out. Now the next issue is I couldn't get proper WiFi range. I could get the range only up to some 20 meters. May I know what could be the possible reason?

Regards,
Harsha
Options
2015-08-05 15:59:05
I could get the range only up to some 20 meters

1. Obstacles/walls are definitely Wi-Fi killers, especially for 5Ghz signal.
2. Communication is bidirectional. In fact the AP can broadcast the signal to serval kilometers, but your phone/laptop cannot transmit back. So the actual distance also depends on the client's ability.

So if there are obstacles in the way between the AP and the client devices, the signal could be blocked.

You can try to place the AP in a better position where it can maintain good line of sight with the clients.
You can also try using higher transmission power.
Options
2015-08-05 21:32:26
@Sri Harsha 510 can talk to iPhone6 at a distance of 778 mts. (not ideal, neither 510 or iPhone where designed for that task) you can read it here http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?81544-TL-WA7210N-seriously-unstable-unreliable!!!!&p=164126&viewfull=1#post164126
So 20 mts. should be a piece of cake
1-you never posted firmware in use, update to 1.3.0 here you find it http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?81641-TP_PharOS_1.3.0_150716_Beta-fix-the-incompatibility-issues-between-Pharos-series&p=163452&viewfull=1#post163452
2-set TEST MODE do not select any country, in case you insist in selecting one select United States
3-in India you guys have the school to deploy APs very high, don't, that's a mistake, deploy it as high as just to clear line of sight, (should post how high you deploy it)
4-not all channels will talk to smartphones & Tablets, as I remember 6 does it if not try between 1 & 11
5-as they posted you do not enable DFS or MAXTream on your AP
6-if money is not a matter, buy a CPE210 that one talks to any Lap, Smartphone or Tablet on the market
Options
2015-08-09 08:05:10
very good suggestion Mr. Danymarc...its a spoonfeeding already! :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1042

Replies: 5