AP for about 50 users

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AP for about 50 users

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AP for about 50 users
AP for about 50 users
2015-08-06 00:54:15
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Someone in local TP-Link forum in my country asks this. I've googled to help him the answer but I can't find it.
"Is there any TP-Link AP which is able to handle 50 users well at the same time?"
Many sources that I've read says that's impossible, others said to use multiple AP or QoS.
Options
4 Reply
Re:AP for about 50 users
2015-08-06 01:31:44

blacktandog wrote

others said to use multiple AP or QoS

QOS must be used over 5 users, Pharos line with firware 1.3.0 has QOS on AP mode
Multiple APs, right & wrong, why lets say you deploy 2 APs one to the North and the other to North East, and lets assume in a particular scenario the 50 users are on the North East lets assume they moved to that area, all will be connected to only one AP, the one facing North will have no clients connected, thats just a rough example, different mater is is people dont move lets say your custumers (aka Clients) are homes and you are in the WISP business.
Pharos line, on a south America forum that I participate, http://www.ryohnosuke.com/foros/index.php 99% of users dedicate to the WISP business, they satrted to use the Pharos line in this case it was CPE510 5Ghz device, he connects 50 CPEs on AP-Client-Router mode to one 510 and he claims it works, obvious to another 510 on AP mode, he uses Mikrotik RB to administrate the network, you dont have to start with Mikrotik. you can start lower.
Tp_link comes with the new line WBS that will solve your Thread http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-37_WBS510.html
Options
2015-08-06 02:13:02
Thanks Danymarc :)
Too bad that ryohnosuke.com is in Spanish.
I think WBS510 is a very new product, can't find it yet here.
He will use the outdoor AP for a place which situations is like below pic; outdoor area, customers with their gadgets/mobile phones:

So, will one CPE510 be good for this? Customers don't sit too far, so I think he'll only need to find the right position to place the AP
Options
2015-08-06 02:35:05

blacktandog wrote

So, will one CPE510 be good for this? Customers don't sit too far, so I think he'll only need to find the right position to place the AP

No, 510 is a 5Ghz device, for scenarios like that use CPE210 2.4Ghz. any Smartphone/Tablet or lap in the market will be able to connect to 210
Ryho forum was a reference, not for you to read.
Options
2015-08-06 09:25:47

danymarc wrote

No, 510 is a 5Ghz device, for scenarios like that use CPE210 2.4Ghz. any Smartphone/Tablet or lap in the market will be able to connect to 210
Ryho forum was a reference, not for you to read.

Aah yes.. Frequency matters. Thanks a lot man, I'll pass on this info to that guy ;)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 838

Replies: 4

Related Articles