Basic Problem CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Basic Problem CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Basic Problem CPE210
Basic Problem CPE210
2015-08-12 20:55:47
Model : CPE210

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : beta 1.3, but I try all

ISP :

Good morning from Spain
I have a CPE210

I want to connect to a wireless network (indoors is reached with difficulty) by creating another wireless bridge that can be access by several phone from inside
I don't know the type of router that has the wifi to which I want to connect, only know the SID and password

I connected to cpe210 from a computer following the instructions:

I access the Web interface and configure the CPE210 as a Bridge following the "quick setup":

Step 1:
Select Bridge

Step 2 (LAN settings):
Leave the defaults:
Ip 192.168.0.254
mask: 255.255.255.0

Step 3 (wireless client):
Therefore selected the wifi from survey
Region: Spain
Mode: 802.11b / g / n
WDS: Disable
Channel: 20/40 Mhz
Security WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK (like myself doing the survey on the network to which I want to connect)
Password: correct
Distance: 0

Step 4 (ap settings)
Radio: enable
SSID: TP_LINK
Security: WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK
passord: I write a new one

Finish

Once the configuration is finish, I try to connect ti the new SSID from the phone (Galaxy Note)
But it stops in Getting IP and fails to connect

I tried to enable DHCP on the network tab and thus gives me IP and now it connect, but I not able to browse (chrome gives a problem DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

How can I test that he really connected to the wifi?
Why I do not see anything in the Status tab in the WAN section?

Sorry maybe this is ver basic, but I'm stack and I have try everthing before posting (I have even upgrade to the beta firmware 1.3...)
Options
6 Reply
Re:Basic Problem CPE210
2015-08-13 09:26:04
Before you connect to any SSID set AP mode tuto here http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-730.html and find out a channel you can connect with Smartphone to 210 you won't. be able to connect to all
Now that you found it, change IP to a dif. subnet set 192.168.5.1
set AP-Client-Router mode, Tuto here http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-726.html this mode lets you create a virtual AP to connect to device

Edited August 13-2015
Channel smartphones connect ch. #1 freq. 2412
Before linking survey (scan networks) and check ch. set on router to link and set same on 210
By default bandwidth on 210 is 40 Mhz. set 20 Mhz. 99% of isp routers are set to 20
You do not need any info. from ISP to set AP-Client-Router mode, all need it you have it SSID & password
After survey and network to join is selected chose LOCK TO AP
Manually add Google DNS in Network tab see picture, and don't pay attention to ip I used for this test, left default cause I linked to a router with subnet 4

share image
Options
2015-08-14 01:35:29
Thank you for your answer

I have try what you said:

I have connected the 210 as access point successfully an I can connect from the phone
the subnet for the main router and the 210 is 192.168.1.XXX

then I changed the ip of the CPE210 to other subnet: 192.168.5.XXX
Disconected from the router, I conete again to the laptop (changin the setup of the laptop conection) and I go to the quick setup for setting the AP-Client-E
Router
following the steps, seting the type of connection to dynamic ip

At the end, I have a new Access Point from the CPE210 and I can connect ffrom my android, but I dont get a external IP
This is what I can see in the andoid device (from app Network Signal):

SSID: TP_LINK_1
Wifi Speed: 144 Mbps
Wifi Strength -43dBm * 35 ASU
Encription WPA/WPA2
frecuency 2437Mhz
Channel:6
IP: 192.168.5.100
netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.5.1
DHCP-Server: 192.168.5.1
DNS1: 192.168.5.1
DNS2: 0.0.0.0
External IP: can not get external IP

That this help you understand what I'm doing wrong??

thank you again

danymarc wrote

Before you connect to any SSID set AP mode tuto here http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-730.html and find out a channel you can connect with Smartphone to 210 you won't. be able to connect to all
Now that you found it, change IP to a dif. subnet set 192.168.5.1
set AP-Client-Router mode, Tuto here http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-726.html this mode lets you create a virtual AP to connect to device
Options
2015-08-14 12:07:12
The reason of posting you the picture on post #2,is to show you the Google DNS I added, cause it happen the same I got connection but no internet until I added them.
You have the SSID & password of that router, but that does not mean you will surf Internet
why, cause you might be too far from router
The router is in another home, 210 is indoors, that's wrong, 210 should be outdoors and in direct line to router
Answer this question, if you get close to router, with iPhone or Android, are you able to connect and surf Internet
In case you have a Android, and you connect and surf Internet, Android lets you view the type of security.
And how you got the password, by a friend, or by software, if you got it by software 99% is WEP, and if that's the case, I don't know if 210 supports repeating WEP security easy one to find out, when you survey (scan networks) you can see type and channel used by router to link, last 2 columns to the right

subirimagenes
Options
2015-08-15 01:00:12
I did try WEP Security, by default 210, fills the security fields, see SURVEY (scan) and second screenshot

subir fotos
when you select WEP security all you need to know if its 64, 128,152 Bits if you dont know start with 64

sube fotos

subir gif
Note: you never confirmed if you added manually Google DNS, thats important.
Options
Solved
2015-08-15 21:23:32
Thank you for your answers
I finally made it work.
Using the bridge configuration and configure the network of the 210 to the same IP range than the router providing the wifi and Internet connection

It's not the best configuration, but do the job

Note:
I tried setting the google DNS, but I't didn't work
Options
2015-08-15 21:34:37

PabloA wrote

1-It's not the best configuration, but do the job
2-Note: I tried setting the google DNS, but I't did not work

1-that's correct, I had never set Bridge mode or will ever set that mode by no means, but if it works for you, that's the point here
2-might be cause you insisted in bridge mode, like I showed you the screenshot, it's a very easy set up.
Make a back up of that configuration
Enjoy the friendly Wi-Fi
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1171

Replies: 6

Related Articles