CPE210 issues broadcasting internet. Please help.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-20 05:40:50
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am pulling my hair out! Please help.
Installed a CPE210 in my office using a TP-Link Archer 9 router for test purposes. Worked great, great signal and great internet access. Moved it over to another building that houses a newspaper. They have a 48 port network switch that I simply just plugged into to feed the internet to the CPE210 running AP Mode (it is closer to my marina that I am trying to provide for). The signal is great, but there is no internet access coming from it, why would this be? Does the CPE210 have to have a router behind it?
I used to have a Linksys WAP-200 wireless exterior access point there and it worked great. Basically the same setup. What am I missing?
Options
6 Reply
Re:CPE210 issues broadcasting internet. Please help.
2015-08-20 21:55:19
This might be the problem, no DHCP server. It is plugged directly into an unmanaged switch/hub which allows them all to see their servers. The switch is just part of their network, They use manual IP address' inside the building on their network. I have DHCP activated on the CPE210 and it will give my clients an IP address, but it does not deliver any internet. The CPE210 is located 50' up on the side of the building, so I can't easily plug into the other port to test.
I will check to make sure my IP address falls into the system and update.

UPDATE:
I switched the ethernet port it was in and it started working. Even turned DHCP off on the CPE210. Speeds are less than desirable. It is a 10mb x 10mb network. I have it about 50' high, it might be too high. Any suggestions for settings for a reach of about 300'?
Options
2015-08-21 01:11:56
Hey, @SC Marina.

It won't reach 300Mbps. 2.4Ghz wifi is always crowded as every wifi devices around are competing for the limited channels share the available throughput.

But you're right about the height. Although the AP is powerful, your smartphones/tablets are not high-power devices so they are not good at transmitting their signal to far away. Lower the AP but keep it overcome the obstructions, you might get better speed.
Options
2015-08-24 20:53:21
Thanks for the information. After a weekend of boaters, it looks like all can connect, but only half of them can get the internet. I am going to assume that it is a mixture of cell devices, tablets, laptops. I have a Archer C9 dual band in my office, I guess I will get two outdoor antennas.... 2.4 ghz and 5ghz and plug into that. The CPE210 just seem to get it done. Any more suggestions would be great.
Options
2015-08-26 02:04:05
I have another idea if I could get some input. I could take the CPE210 and hook it to my Archer C9 router that I have in the office, I have the area to do it and it might be a better fit for the direction I need to broadcast. But what mode would I run the CPE210 in? AP or Repeater? That way no antennas have to be adjusted and the CPE210 would ethernet directly into the router.
Options
2015-08-26 05:32:48

SC Marina wrote

what mode would I run the CPE210 in? AP or Repeater?

AP
Options
2017-04-14 22:17:48
Turn off DHCP on CPE210. In LAN settings enter gateway address. Your internet will work.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1497

Replies: 6