want new device feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

want new device feature

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
want new device feature
want new device feature
2015-09-02 03:06:06
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi dear tp link eng....we ask if u can make device outdoor repeater that can recieve 5.5 Ghz signal then repeat it as 2.4 Ghz ..
second request : we need outdoor omni AP with High power Tx 29 dbm atleast..
thnx and waiting 4 replay.
by the way i use W7210N its good AP but till now tplink devices wds feature didnt work with mikrotik AP... it works well with UBNT and TPlnk APs.
Options
4 Reply
Re:want new device feature
2015-09-02 09:35:11
I believe that is a configuration issue. as the routerOS of mikroTik is too complicated. Yet there should be not problem to bridge a TL-WA7210N to MilroTik AP.

btw..this is just a user forum.
Options
2015-09-02 11:01:19
The CPE220 will reach 30dbm. The CPE520, WBS210 and WBS510 will reach 27dbm

we need outdoor omni AP with High power Tx 29 dbm atleast..

in fact it won't achieve acceptable performance. Omni antenna is just not capable for large area wireless coverage. Onmi antennas cannot segregate interference which will ruin the network as clients increase.

If omni antennas can do the job, why are the mobile service providers still using directional base stations? Let alone that mobile telecom are much more high-tech and experienced.
Options
2015-11-19 11:45:17

zetm wrote

The CPE220 will reach 30dbm. The CPE520, WBS210 and WBS510 will reach 27dbm

in fact it won't achieve acceptable performance. Omni antenna is just not capable for large area wireless coverage. Onmi antennas cannot segregate interference which will ruin the network as clients increase.

If omni antennas can do the job, why are the mobile service providers still using directional base stations? Let alone that mobile telecom are much more high-tech and experienced.

Why not ?

I'm using 8 Basebox 2 with omini antenna to serving clients at 150 rooms (15sqm/room)
If use directional antenna it will require x2 or x3 the numbers of AP
Options
2015-11-20 13:00:50
@Miracle

your case is different. it is fine to use multiple AP+omni antenna to cover many small cells like yours. This is also a variant of cellular network.

But what I mean is don't use AP+omni antenna to cover a big area. Many users think they can add high gain Omni antenna on a AP to cover a large area, That is not the right way.
Options