Campus Area WIFI network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Campus Area WIFI network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Campus Area WIFI network
Campus Area WIFI network
2015-09-07 13:02:25
Model : TL-WA7210N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : Dont Know

ISP : BSNL

What is maximum connecting capacity it can handle.? ie No wifi Client Machine i Mean.

Do i need to use Omni-directional Antenna to increase no of machines to get connected with ?

I have connected with a POE switch is not Powering up why ?

DO it need to light all the LED to for Maximum transmission Power.??

What is replacement for campus network ?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Campus Area WIFI network
2015-09-07 16:33:28
See below in line:

What is maximum connecting capacity it can handle.? ie No wifi Client Machine i Mean.
The maximum capacity number is around 15, but it still depends on the bandwidth requirement on your clients...

Do i need to use Omni-directional Antenna to increase no of machines to get connected with ?
This depends on your requirement, using an Omni-directional Antenna will just change the Wi-Fi coverage from one direction to all around, while the distance will be shorter.
Besides, the maximum connecting capacity will not increase by changing antenna.

I have connected with a POE switch is not Powering up why ?
TL-WA7210A use passive PoE, not standard PoE, it can not be powered by standard PoE power source equipment, refer to: http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-906.html

DO it need to light all the LED to for Maximum transmission Power.??
No, in AP or bridge mode, all four LED will light up all the time, no matter you use Maximum transmission Power or not;
In client or repeater mode, the LED is used to indicate the wireless signal strength of a remote AP

What is replacement for campus network ?
What do you mean by this? Not very clear...
Options
2015-09-08 17:44:12
What kind of wireless access point do you recommend where number of users is high and area to be covered is also huge... It will be helpful if you specify the model name. Specifically... Campus network means network inside a building having different classrooms... Hostel having many rooms... It's not feasible to put acess point in each rooms.
Options
2015-09-08 20:38:28
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/list-5039.html EAP 120 & 220 indoors, CPE 210 & 220 outdooors, a Miktotik RB for administration and Thundercache, and lots of network knowledge to deploy
Options
which is the Best TL-WA7210N vs CPE210 for Campus Hostel.?
2015-09-09 01:52:48
Benefits of using CPE210 over TL-WA7210N ?

What is the Actual comparison of AP for getting maximum clients getting connected.?

I need to deploy best devise for 3 storied Campus Hostel where in each floor we have 30 rooms where each students need to connect with wifi ie per floor 30 clients units each.
Of total 90 rooms with 90 clients.

Above Pic is not actual picture of the campus hostel , but has provided to get an visualization

Please guide me where i can deploy these AP's for getting connected to Maximum users with minimum in Number.
Options
2015-09-09 02:46:38
hire a consultant, the project is over your head.
Options
2015-09-29 04:09:20
no one to reply
Options
2015-09-29 06:31:26

deepujob wrote

no one to reply

I did, the project is over your head
Options

Information