CPE510 P2P issue, seek wisdom...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-18 01:47:56
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm setting up a P2P system for my friend and having some difficulties with the Bridge.

I have 2 CPE510 units which I ran quick setup on both in a bench test and 10 feet apart they saw each other, no problems.

Today I set them up on buildings 2060 ft apart and now no dice. Neither unit can see the other.

Now the only deviations from the bench test aside distance, are that the AP unit is on a higher elevation then the Client unit. Its not an extreme change, but its about 30-40 ft. approx.
There is also a single tree that possibly may cause an issue but it not in direct line of sight, but its canopy could be a factor I'm not certain.

TP-Link support has not been able to help so far. I have even re-angled the AP antenna to near absurd downward angles, but Survey from the AP side can't see the Client device.

Can anyone assist it would be great.

Not that the other devices are in play but the final design is going to be :

Internet via DSL ---> BELL HOME HUB 1000 ---wired---> CPE510 AP Mode ))))))))))) 2060 ft )))))))))))) CPE510 Client Mode-----wired ------TP-Link TL-WR740N Router )>)wireless>)>) Laptop
Options
3 Reply
Re:CPE510 P2P issue, seek wisdom...
2015-09-18 14:06:57
2060ft should be ok for CPE510, just tune the angle of CPE510, make them face to face, and make sure a 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Fresnel zone clearance, just a visual line of sight is not enough, refer to: http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-907.html

Which region and transmit power have you chosen under wireless menu? Can you see AP's SSID when you click survey in client side?
If not, try to turn up both CPE510's transmit power and re-tune their angle.
If so, then connect client to AP's SSID and remember to set the 'distance settings' to 1km under both CPE510's wireless menu.

Options
2015-09-19 04:18:32
once you understand the fresnel zone linked by @winstar faq. #907, I advise you to upgrade both 510s to latest firm you find it here http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?82073-TP_PharOS_1.3.0_150807_Beta-add-CDP-Radius-MAC-Auth-and-compatible-with-MikroTik.&p=165006&viewfull=1#post165006 once that done, DO NOT SELECT ANY COUNTRY, use Test Mode, and do not worry about distance setting, just check is on AUTO, that will ensure 510s will be on max power, if with all that you still do not see AP from Client, thats usually cause people refer to a tree or a canopy, but its really a forest, you will need to try a pair of 210s
510s are 5Ghz. that freq. its excellent to work with, but very sensible to trees, and obstacles, 2.4Ghz lets you get away with a lot of mistakes on deploy, 5Ghz. does not.
Options
2015-09-26 00:37:20

Phoebus wrote

TP-Link support has not been able to help so far. I have even re-angled the AP antenna to near absurd downward angles, but Survey from the AP side can't see the Client device.

Same here. Read carefully what you wrote. You cant Survey Client from AP side. You have to start Survey on Client side, not AP side!!!! Client doesnt brodcast SSID !!!!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 866

Replies: 3

Related Articles