Correct setup for sending internet signal from one point to another

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-28 03:56:14
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello there,I have the following setup,a ZTE modem router,which provides internet access,I have connect a TL-WA7210N and set it up as access point.This one is settled on a bakery.on the home which I want to have internet access via WiFi I have placed another TL-WA7210N and set it up as repeater,since the signal from the access point cannot be received directly.However,I have much poor speed from the repeater.on the ZTE modem router I have about 15mbps speed,which is quite good.My question is,which is the right setup so to be able to have the correct speed on the home? The home from the bakery has a distance quite 1km,and there is visual contact,since both are located on a village,no high buildings which could cause interference.
Options
8 Reply
Re:Correct setup for sending internet signal from one point to another
2015-09-28 09:19:05

madprofessorus wrote

and there is visual contact

Its LOS Line of sight, both 72s have to see each other and if one is higher tilt if need it
The one receiving it's call the Client, don't set repeater mode set Client mode, test with a Lap cause Client mode does not provide wireless internet, once you get that post and we will tell you how to get wireless
AP & Client have to be in same channel and same subnet dif IP
e.g. if ZTE IP or gateway is 192.168.1.1 set AP to 192.168.1.2 and Client to 192.168.1.3
The only thing I'm not sure is that I had read ZTE DHCP pool is from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254 if that is your case you have to shorten that range, change DHCP pool on ZTE only change is starting ip from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.50, that's all
Options
2015-09-28 14:31:32
OK,I won't be able to fix this soon,since I don't have access to home which the second antenna is located, can I use the emulator provided on the official site or should I write again here for the settings?
Options
2015-09-28 14:39:43
Repeater mode is not recommended in long distance communication.
It's better for you to setup two 7210 to build a P2P link as below:

In this case, you have to use a extra AP to cover the indoor.
Options
2015-09-29 01:37:16

madprofessorus wrote

can I use the emulator provided on the official site

you posted a Thread about correct setup for sending internet signal, what would be the idea of using the Emulator, what would you gain
Options
2015-09-29 04:39:15
just to see the setup,I was wondering
Options
2015-09-29 22:25:03

madprofessorus wrote

just to see the setup,I was wondering

Playing a Mars video game, doesn't make you an Astronaut
Emulators are outdated, don't have latest FW, and don't provide proof that you are connected to Internet
Emulators are just a glimpse
Options
2015-10-09 03:58:01
so I went to the home today,did the setup,still I have low internet speed,I set up the second 7210 as client,I have internet access,but I have much low speed,the distance between two antennas is about 444 meters,and there is visual contact.the first antenna is setup as access point,with maximum output.what else can I do to improve speed?
Options
2015-10-09 11:38:22
If you follow post#4 of stupidbird. You must set different channel on the 7210(on the bakery) and the second AP inside your home(the right house().

Other settings
1. Wireless settings, change Region to Test Mode. save and reboot. You will see the highest output 27dbm.
2. Wireless settings, use Channel width 20MHz.
3. wireless menu --> distance settings, set the value to 1.0 Km

4*. Put the two AP at higher location.

5*. Upgrade to this beta. Enable TDMA.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?79363-TL-WA7210N_V2_150127_Beta-add-support-for-MAXtream-(TDMA)-mode
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1101

Replies: 8