vlan overlap not as expected?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-13 03:06:08
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I had trouble getting vlans to find common ports and want to confirm or get input on the correct way to do it.

The key issue is there are both guest and in-house wireless access points. Guests should only be able to get to the router for internet, and to the printer.

I left vlan 1 as is, all ports are members. I made vlans 2 "common", 3 "in-house" and 4 "guest".

The total picture is
Port: connects to : vlan membership : PVID
-----------------------------------------------------------
1 : pc : common, in-house : in-house
2 : server : common, in-house : in-house
3 : printer : common, in-house, guest : common
4 : router : common, in-house, guest : common
5 : in-house wireless: common, in-house : in-house
6 : guest wireless : common, guest : guest

When I did this people connected to in-house wireless had a hard time connecting. It seemed the in-house access point didn't see the router, and laptops would show as connected to an unidentified network. For some reason it worked fine for guest connections.

I changed the router pvid to in-house, and then both types of wireless access worked. Either this is just not behaving as expected or I'm missing something.
Options
1 Reply
Re:vlan overlap not as expected?
2015-11-16 13:40:45
what is the switch? Do you use 802.1Q VLAN?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 1

Related Articles