Support for specific TL-SL3428 configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-20 22:48:19
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello to all,

I have a TL-SL3428 L2 managed switch. I need a specific configuration that I am not able to do because every time when I try this configuration, I get thrown out and can't access anymore the switch interface so probably I am doing something wrong. I tried contacting the Italian Technical support by phone and by email but they are the worst possible support that I have seen in my life. Couldn't help me by phone and told me to write an email. Wrote an email that same day and never got a reply. Wrote another email and I just got an answer that "yes the configuration that I needed could be done." instead of telling me how to do it or help me and find out what I did wrong.

So the forum here is my last resource.

The configuration that I need is :

The first port, port number 1 to be used exclusively to access the switch interface.

In ports 2-16 I want to configure a VLAN that will be completely Isolated and where I will put all devices that are part of a subnet "192.168.0.0".

In ports 17-24 I want to configure another VLAN that will be isolated from the previous one and will contain devices connected to a subnet "192.168.5.0"

In the last 4 Ports, 25-28 I want to configure another VLAN with a subnet "10.10.10.0".

This VLANs will be separated and isolated from each other. The devices between VLANs will be separated and will not communicate with each other.

Can anyone please help me with a tutorial/guide that I can follow to make this configuration, or provide me a default configuration file attached that I can use to test?

Thank you.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Support for specific TL-SL3428 configuration
2015-10-28 09:02:29
Hi UPPP, go ahead and write a letter of complaint to the TP-link head quarter!

Could please tell us your network topology? How you connect your switch to your front router or other devices?
Options
Re:Support for specific TL-SL3428 configuration
2015-10-28 21:29:29
Hi tom.wu,
Thank you for your reply. My configuration is actually really simple.

I have the ISP router. I want to pass everything through the Switch so the first step is to dedicate the last 4 ports of the switch to the ISP and pass the line through one of the last 4 ports, from the ISP router, to the switch.

Once I do this, I want to connect 2 firewalls to the same VLAN that I just configured in the last 4 ports, and configure them with different IPs to be in the same VLAN (10.10.10.1).

This will actually allow me to distribute the internet line to this 2 firewalls and make them "public" with a static ip, by connecting their WAN ports into the remaining ports of this VLAN that is configured in the last 4 ports of the switch.

Now, once I did this, I want to create another 2 VLANS as explained above. One from ports 2-16 and one from ports 17-24.

By doing so, I will be able to use them as separate, isolated switches and connect 1 cable that goes from the LAN1 port of the FIRST firewall into one of the ports in the first VLAN (2-16) and another LAN1 cable that goes from the LAN1 port of the SECOND firewall to one of the ports in the second VLAN (17-24).

This will allow me to put each of this VLANs under each of the firewalls and then I can manage everything from there.

The port 1 of the switch, will stay outside of any of the vlans, for management purposes, so I can reach the switch interface from that port by connecting a PC to it.

Sorry for this very ugly drawing and sorry if it's confusing but I tried to design here the simple configuration that I need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 2