Which product should I use?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-29 14:31:53
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Which product should I use? This article aimed to help you choose the most suitable product through several different angles.

Scenarios
There are two methods used for distributing wireless via outdoor devices: Point-to-Point (PtP), and Point-to-Multipoint (PtMP).

Point-to-Point (PtP):
Connects two locations, usually multiple km, essentially forming an Ethernet bridge. [SIZE=2]
Notice:
We sort our products by their data transmission distance from shortest to longest. The following suggestions are based on reference distances. Real results depend on environmental interference, Line of Sight and other factors.
[/SIZE]

Short distance (0-5 km):
TL-WA5210G:
Ideal for short distance(about 2km) links. Lowest cost PtP solution. The wireless speed is 2.4GHz 54Mbps.
TL-WA7210N: The distance raised to 5km and support 802.11n/g/b. And the wireless speed is 2.4GHz 150Mbps.
TL-WA7510N: The same as TL-WA7210N except the frequency range is 5GHz and more powerful antenna gain.
CPE210:
Very popular product for short links and it has a built-in 9dBi 2x2 dual-polarized directional MIMO antenna, so it’s wireless speed up to 300Mbps.

Medium distance (5-15 km):
CPE510: Provides incredible price/performance for medium distance links. It’s maximum transfer distance achieves 15km and wireless speed also is 5GHz 300Mbps.

Long distance (15+ km):
WBS210/Dish Antenna: You can build a long distance high performance PtP link via two WBS210 devices, whose TCP/IP throughput up to 300Mbps and the distances up to 30+ km.
WBS510/Dish Antenna:
It’s frequency is 5GHz and wireless speed also is 300Mbps.But the maximum transfer distance achieves 50km when it matches a dish antenna.

Point-to-Multipoint (PtMP):
Connects three or more locations, using one Wireless Base Station (WBS) and multiple CPE devices connected to the WBS device.
Notice: PtMP performance depends on both sides of the link, i.e. if you want to reach long distances, you must choose the right Base Station and the right CPE for each case.

WBS210/Sector Antenna:
You can build a PtMP link via several CPE210 devices and one WBS210 device matched a sector antenna. The sector antenna has directional coverage in front with higher gain, usually applied around 1~5km.
WBS510/Sector Antenna:
You can chose WBS510 with a sector antenna and several CPE510 devices to build a PtMP link, because 5 GHz solution offers more frequency options. It is more popular.

Frequency
You will find that our products have two frequencies including 2.4GHz and 5GHz. What’s the difference between them? Which frequency should I choose? Each frequency has different characteristics due to physics and utilization. Lower frequencies have better propagation characteristics than higher frequencies, and may work better in environments where Line of Sight is obstructed (trees, etc.). However, these bands may also have higher levels of noise and interference, so it's important to select the frequency that works best in your situation. The table shows the information for our products’ frequencies.

2.4G WBS210 CPE210 OAP210 TL-WA7210N TL-WA5210G
5G WBS510 CPE510 TL-WA7510N [/TD]
[TD]

Antenna
High gain antennas is very important in high performance outdoor wireless because they provide high gain amplification of the signal power resulting in higher signals and better link quality. And they are highly directional which gives them spatial filtering characteristics, which can help to block noise – especially important in noisy environments. Our antenna products have 3 different types:

You can see the main differences between these antennas by polarization graph. The shapes indicate its coverage and the degree of power aggregation. For dish antenna, the power gathers at a narrow direction so that it has higher gain to transfer at a longer distance. The sector antenna has wider coverage in front so it will have lower gain. The omni antenna have a 360° coverage but only 2km distance.

Getting Started with Pharos
Now we can sum up with the benefits of the Pharos solution for WISP. In the first place, we provide base stations with proper antennas and CPEs to build up a network that provide long distance wireless connection. Then TDMA technology (MaxTream in Pharos, learn more about it please click
here ) and Test Mode make sure high network capacity and less wireless interference. In the end, Pharos Control software makes it more convenient for WISP to manage his whole network. This is exactly how we achieve the goal of building up a wireless network instead of a wired one. WISP application is a very important and typical scenario for pharos series. But with the same topology, pharos can do more than that.

Welcome to our official web page for more information:
http://www.tplink.com/en/products/Outdoor-Wi-Fi.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1139

Replies: 0

Related Articles