Outdoor hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Outdoor hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Outdoor hotspot
Outdoor hotspot
2015-11-07 02:54:06
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi can i use CPE510 as outdoor hotspot if it works please send me the procedure I want to put hotspot at my fiber location
Options
4 Reply
Re:Outdoor hotspot
2015-11-07 10:27:54
It seems like a big project, would you please provide more information as below and a field test may be needed:
a. How many clients will connect to each hotspot?
b. How about the landform? Any obstacle like trees? Is it possible to mount the CPE510 up? A google map image helps a lot if you attach it.
c. How much area do you want to cover each hotspot? Normally Wi-Fi coverage is no more than 300m.

For outdoor hotspot, the operations may be needed:
1. As your topology shows, 8 CPE510s is needed in each place as CPE510 uses build-in directional antenna and the horizontal beamwidth is 45 degree, and you have to places 8 to realize Omni-directional coverage.
2. Mount them up to high as the below image, adjust them to different direction and configure them in AP mode, under different channel to reduce collision:

Notes:
1. Since the communication is bidirectional, client devices should not be too far to communicate to the AP.
2. CPE510 works on 5GHz frequency segment, please double check the channel is in accordance with local laws .
3. Don't connect too many clients in the same AP. Just share the traffic for other CPE510s.
4. 5GHz signal is sensitive to obstacle so make sure the LOS is clear. And this is not enough, refer to FAQ: http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-907.html
Options
2015-11-08 02:46:06
no its a small project i need to install hotspot at 4 locations only and people can only use it in 500 meter range

Options
2015-11-08 02:48:02
can i use Hotspot by this way
Options
2015-11-09 09:01:42
It seems okay but you should pay attention to the below factors:
1. Is 500m beyond the ability for mobile to communicate to CPE510, it depends.
2. Horizontal beamwidth of CPE510 is 45 degree, you should adjust the panne of AP to face the interesting direction.
3. It's not recommended to connect too many devices in a CPE510. The limited clients number maybe 20 I guess.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 741

Replies: 4

Related Articles