I'm in over my head, trying to use basic switching + 2 pairs of LAG'd ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-10 19:53:54
Model : TL-SG3216

Hardware Version : TL-SG3216 2.0

Firmware Version : 1.0.1 Build 20150602 Rel.38667(s)

ISP :

I'm a bit confused on how I best setup aggregation on my TL-SG3216 to best work with dual NICs I have in an ESX server. I referred to the following link, but think perhaps it's outdated?:
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1001938

I went ahead and tried that, and am confused on a couple key points. 1) How do I make a static link 802.3ad (that seems like what LACP is, which sounds like they DON'T recommend). And 2) How exactly do I make sure the method is based on IP hash. I'm guessing under Global Config and Hash Algorithm, but want to be sure. So aside from figuring out how to apply 802.3ad to a static link (please offer any advise to help me understand that better), are there any other settings I would need to set? I've read other articles about doing something with Spanning Tree..but not sure.

Any advise someone might have here by chance? Thanks in advance!!!!
Options
1 Reply
Re:I'm in over my head, trying to use basic switching + 2 pairs of LAG'd ports
2015-11-12 10:45:12
I think the UG of the product have expalain the LACP detailly. You can refer to it for help.
Maybe you can export the config file, and reset the switch, and then reconfig the LACP, I believe it is more easy to success.
Options