Outdoor AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Outdoor AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Outdoor AP
2015-11-19 10:11:49

stupidbird wrote

@danymarc Is there any mistake in #6? It's kind of you to help point it out.

Sorry @stupidbird, when I read the first line of this thread about linking 2.4 Ghz. I read future issues, and in the repeating part as @Ronald McDonald post they always deploy them with the wrong separation, equal to issues in the future, then you and @winstar provide free tech info. but he believes in his sales rep at Tri Ed.
Options
2015-11-19 19:57:09
I did Google "Passive IP Camera" and could not find any such thing.
Options
2015-11-19 20:01:32
>>>The power adapter comes along with CPE unit, you don't need to buy it separately.
Refer to QIG, you will know the details: http://www.tp-link.com/resources/document/CPE510_V1_QIG.pdf<<<

Fantastic!
Options
2015-11-19 20:48:38

stupidbird wrote

As winstar said, you needn't to buy it separately.
Is there any IP Camera with Passive PoE I'm not sure. But it's common that IP Camera can be powered by DC and standard PoE at the same time.
Therefore, you can add a PoE switch between the IP Camera and CPE, or you need to provide an extra power supply.

My Tri-Ed sales rep mentioned a power injector was needed to power HikVision cameras.
Options
2015-11-20 08:50:21
I've glance over several HikVision cameras(For example, DS-2CDA465F-IZ(H)(S)), but I see from the spec that they'll be powered by standard PoE(802.af) or extra DC supply.
So what do your sales rep mean about 'injector'? A DC power supply?
Options
2015-11-20 18:04:55

stupidbird wrote

I've glance over several HikVision cameras(For example, DS-2CDA465F-IZ(H)(S)), but I see from the spec that they'll be powered by standard PoE(802.af) or extra DC supply.
So what do your sales rep mean about 'injector'? A DC power supply?

Yes, I just checked and the HikVision I'm interested in ( http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/Products_accessries_10531_i7562.html) has two methods of powering it, 12 VDC ± 10%, PoE (802.3af).

What he meant by power injector is a way to inject the needed PoE voltage to a PoE camera in case it doesn't have a separate 12-VDC jack. I've read on the net that if only connecting one PoE camera, one can use a power injector instead of a multi-port PoE switch.
Options
Related Articles