Connection between 3 TP-link CPE210 in bridge mode - doubt

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-19 03:46:30
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello guys,

Can you please tell me how I've to setup the CPE210 to do this jump? I'm wondering if bridge with AP mode is the only solution.

Options
17 Reply
Re:Connection between 3 TP-link CPE210 in bridge mode - doubt
2015-11-19 09:37:07
In fact repeater/bridge mode is not recommended in this case.
Do you want to setup CPE in position C as a repeater station to avoid obstacle?
If yes, I advise you to add one CPE in this place. Number the two devices by 1st and 2nd, then do the below:
1. Configure the 1st CPE in Client mode to receive the front-end signal.
2. Configure the 2nd CPE in AP mode to pass the information to position D.
3. Wired connect 1st and 2nd. Adjust them to each interesting direction.
Options
Not possible to wire
2015-11-19 21:05:51
Hello stupidbird, I appreciate your answer.

The thing is I can't wire CPE "A" and "B" because of what I draw in this image: (see image please)

Is it possible to set CPE "C" as a repeater from "A" and relay to "D" would that work fine?

Regards

Options
2015-11-19 23:01:41

Hexulon wrote

The thing is I can't wire CPE "A" and "B"

@stupibird never posted that, he wrote, configure 1st (first) CPE is C in your first screen from post #1in Client mode, this CPE receives wireless signal from A, then at the same point you will add a 2nd (second) CPE wired to 1st (first) on AP mode, pointing to D
What a would do is this, this is just about place C, 1st is a CPE210, second instead of another CPE210 I would place a CPE510 pointing to D that one has to be CPE510 too to avoid frequency collision in point C, in this scenario you can place them as close as you want, cause they work in dif freqs
Options
2015-11-20 01:53:52

danymarc wrote

@stupibird never posted that, he wrote, configure 1st (first) CPE is C in your first screen from post #1in Client mode, this CPE receives wireless signal from A, then at the same point you will add a 2nd (second) CPE wired to 1st (first) on AP mode, pointing to D
What a would do is this, this is just about place C, 1st is a CPE210, second instead of another CPE210 I would place a CPE510 pointing to D that one has to be CPE510 too to avoid frequency collision in point C, in this scenario you can place them as close as you want, cause they work in dif freqs

Sorry, I thought he was saying to wired connect CPE "A" to "C" (not "B", that was an error); anyway I misunderstood.

So the best way to do it is to buy a fifth CPE (like CPE510) wired to "C" and then wireless connected to "D" but in this case "D" is also a CPE210 (2.4) this one will not connect to a 5.0 ghz CPE am I wrong?

Finally we've to buy 2 more CPE510 and one of the CPE210 just leave it for another occasion?

Options
2015-11-20 02:24:18

Hexulon wrote

So the best way to do it is to buy a fifth CPE (like CPE510) wired to "C" and then wireless connected to "D" but in this case "D" is also a CPE210 (2.4) this one will not connect to a 5.0 ghz CPE am I wrong?

yes and no
you never provided distances in the links, if is too short would be overkill, if its too long and not clean LOS, result in no link
I would do the next, buy a pair of CPEs up to you 210 or 510, i would link on 510s but thats me, and do A-B and see the result.
but first provide distances and if you have clear LOS (line of sight) so we can tell you about device
Options
2015-11-20 03:28:21

danymarc wrote

yes and no
you never provided distances in the links, if is too short would be overkill, if its too long and not clean LOS, result in no link
I would do the next, buy a pair of CPEs up to you 210 or 510, i would link on 510s but that me, and do A-B and see the result.
but first provide distances and if you have clear LOS (line of sight) so we can tell you about device

danymarc I already got 3 CPE 2.4 - (CPE210) and point A -> B works just fine with good transfer rate.

I uploaded the second picture that says distance between A and C about 900 feet (300m) it is almost the same distances (bit more, bit less) in all the circumstances none of the CPE are beyond 500m.

That's why I wanted to do this connection with 3 CPE210 in first place.

Regards,
Options
2015-11-20 09:02:00
@danymarc Well explain my meaning. And you give a better solution.

@Hexulon 300-500m is not far for CPE210. If you want to cost down, it's OK for you to use only CPE210 in this scenario.
But as @danymarc said, quality of wireless communication depends a lot. The basic configuration and distance is OK but we are not sure if it really work perfectly, or there are other factors.
The info and suggestion is just for reference.
Options
2015-11-21 00:59:51
Hi stupidbird, I know that there are several factors, but if the basic configuration is okay that's all I ask for.

As regards configuration this will connect CPE "A" with CPE "B" then "A" with "C" - wired connect "C" and "E" and "E" with "D"

Regardless, I've to ask just for my own knowledge, is there any chance to do this connection with just 3 CPE210? (ignore point A and B) only CPE's A, C, D) I can not really imagine another case to use a "bridge" , if not a case like this.

I've to tell my company the reason of buying another CPE210, I mean, they will allow me this only if there's no other choice with the equipment we already have.

I want to thank you both for your patience and comprehension.

Regards,

Options
2015-11-21 02:23:52

Hexulon wrote

Regardless, I've to ask just for my own knowledge, is there any chance to do this connection with just 3 CPE210? (ignore point A and B) only CPE's A, C, D) I can not really imagine another case to use a "bridge" , if not a case like this

you can do any you like, what has been posted here is best scenario, bridge is repeating, and repeating mode has a 50% or more data penalty rate, so repeating is like
Pay one's dues to the dirt
Options
2015-11-21 02:48:37

danymarc wrote

you can do any you like, what has been posted here is best scenario, bridge is repeating, and repeating mode has a 50% or more data penalty rate, so repeating is like
Pay one's dues to the dirt

Ok, I think is all clear now. Thank you again!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4252

Replies: 17