Can't connect CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't connect CPE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can't connect CPE210
Can't connect CPE210
2015-11-29 17:13:33
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all!

I'm trying to connect my CPE210. I live in a 4th floor and I want to get wifi from the public library in the first floor to use it in 3 devices by wifi. First of all, I'm not sure if this is the device for me. I asked to the vendor and he said that I have to configure it as client and it can get wifi and share it, all wireless and without a router, but I think that client mode has to be wired to a router, what I need is the repeater mode, right?
In any case, I tryed both, it gets the signal but I can't connect. And I don't see too much to configure. Operation Mode, SSID, security, password and that's it so I don't know what to do.
This afternoon I will post a status screenshoot to give more data.
Thanks a lot for any suggestion and soo sorry for my poor knowledge and my basic english :)
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't connect CPE210
2015-11-30 09:28:28
Client mode doesn't need to be wired from a router, it can survey and connect to other SSID which is broadcast by devices.
Waiting for your screenshoot...I am still wondering what's the signal strength you achieved from AP in the 1st floor.
Walls are Wi-Fi killers, if you can not get a good wireless signal from root Wi-Fi, then any other trying becomes meaningless...
Options
2015-12-02 00:49:33
Hi winstar. Thank you very much for your reply. It's very strange because I get the root signal until the 3rd floor with my laptop and my mobile phone. I though that I would gain 1 floor with this CPE210, but I didn't. And this is one of the most powerful devices in its price so I'm starting to think that is impossible.
BTW, I couldn't take a screenshoot cause I returned the CPE210 as I need internet ASAP.
TY again!
Regards.
Options
2015-12-02 10:56:46
Unsimilar with laptop or mobile phone, CPE210 is using internal directional antenna, so the power in its backward is very weak...So actually repeater is not a recommended mode.
The most common application for CPE210 is using it in outdoor long distance Wi-Fi coverage or PtP connection.
Anyway, since you have returned the device, so no more trying can do now.:cool:
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 845

Replies: 3

Related Articles