TL SG3216 using the fibre SFP ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-06 03:43:31
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a SG3216 and I am trying to use a fiber port for connection to my PC. Is this possible or does these port only work for connecting two or more of the TP-Link switches together.
I have a QLogic fibre card in my PC and it never sees the IP address of the switch. Has anyone been able to connect and use the SFP ports for connection between the switch and PC?
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL SG3216 using the fibre SFP ports
2015-12-07 14:16:22
what SFP do you use? I think the problem may caused by the SFP rather than the switch.
Options
2015-12-08 03:20:12
The card in my computer is a QLE2462 by Qlogic. The data says it's a 4GB dual channel card.
In the switch unit I have tried a Cisco SFP module that says it's a 1000Base-SX unit.
Also I have tried a Intel unit that is 4GB.
I have used the QLE2462 and the Intel unit to communication between the PC and a FACILIS storage unit that is used for video editing.
The software with the Facilis took care of all communications and it worked.
i really don't know a thing about communications with fiber optics and the Qlogic program appears to only try and communicate with a IP address and it
doesn't see the switches IP address at all.
Thanks much.
Win7 OS
Gigabyte MB
TL-SG3216
Synology DS1813+ NAS
Options
2015-12-13 16:08:47
The QLE2462 is 4GB dual Channel card, but the SFP port of the Tplink's switch only support 1G as well as your CIsco SFP module.

If you use a dual mode SFP, you should use dual fiber cable the the peer should also support dual mode. And the wave length should be the same, or the connection will suely fail.

If you are not farmilar with this, I would like to advise you to contact the support of the SFP module or fiber card for help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 839

Replies: 3