Need information about 2.4ghz and 5ghz working compatibiliy ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-11 06:57:08
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi friends,
we are looking for outdoor wifi ap but I have some question about outdoor wifi accespoint and modem GHZ compability?

My friends run family pension and they are in trouble of coverage wifi.We are using tplink 2.4 ghz wifi adsl modem indoor and wanna put outdoor wifi at garden.

1) If i buy 5ghz outdoor wifi acess point, is it work with 2.4ghz indoor modem?
2) Are all laptops and mobile phones works with 5ghz? or are they have to support 5ghz?

so i confused. am i have to buy 2.4ghz outdoor wifi to compality with 2.4ghz modem?

Thanks in advance
Options
8 Reply
Re:Need information about 2.4ghz and 5ghz working compatibiliy ?
2015-12-11 07:49:11

fanatik wrote

1) If i buy 5ghz outdoor wifi acess point, is it work with 2.4ghz indoor modem?
2) Are all laptops and mobile phones works with 5ghz? or are they have to support 5ghz?
so i confused. am i have to buy 2.4ghz outdoor wifi to compality with 2.4ghz modem?

1-if you mean to run a wire (Lan cable) from modem 2.4 to AP 5Ghrz the answer is yes
2-not all Macs, iPhones 5,5 Plus, 6, 6 Plus, all iPads, Andorids yes but I cant list the ones
and the confusion, why would you want a 5Ghz outdoor device if only the Clients that have a device with that capability will connect.
Options
2015-12-11 08:42:34

danymarc wrote

1-if you mean to run a wire (Lan cable) from modem 2.4 to AP 5Ghrz the answer is yes
2-not all Macs, iPhones 5,5 Plus, 6, 6 Plus, all iPads, Andorids yes but I cant list the ones
and the confusion, why would you want a 5Ghz outdoor device if only the Clients that have a device with that capability will connect.

thanks for helping. actually i dont have any rule to buy 5ghz outdoor.. i looked from website of tplink and saw 5ghz and 2.4ghz so i asked.
but as i understand to most old phones support only 2.4ghz so the best way is use 2.4ghz outdorr wife for all device combility?

my last question is 9dbi is enogh for garden to rear rooms for mobile phones? and 150mps is enough for little pesion?
cause some rear rooms have trouble to see wifi from mobile phone.
Options
2015-12-11 08:57:23

fanatik wrote

is 9dbi is enogh for garden to rear rooms for mobile phones?

what is 9dbi a onmi antenna, a CPE210, dont forget this is not a guessing game, if you provide info. its easier to help you
you buy one device, if need it, you add devices, a Pension it like a Hotel, not a one device solution, provide info. to keep getting help.
Options
2015-12-11 15:45:20

danymarc wrote

what is 9dbi a onmi antenna, a CPE210, dont forget this is not a guessing game, if you provide info. its easier to help you
you buy one device, if need it, you add devices, a Pension it like a Hotel, not a one device solution, provide info. to keep getting help.

actually i need help.i m not proffesional in this.
Pension is not too big.it has 7-8 rooms. but it is pretty big building. there is one tplink wifi adsl modem in the enterance and one wifi access point in first floor.but it does not enoguh for second floor too. and quests cant connect wifi from their balcony.

the neighbour pension put outdoor modem or ap i dont know what it is and it covarege perfect all their pension. so my friend is wanna do same.

so cpe210 enough for garden to inside rear rooms. ? we need run it ap mode with wired lan cable from modem.

i really confused which is suit for them? or ANT2414A Outdoor antenna is suitable? i really need your advice..
Options
2015-12-11 19:07:50

fanatik wrote

so cpe210 enough for garden to inside rear rooms. ?

Won't be enough, you will need to add EAP series indoor APs, as many as need it
Options
2015-12-12 17:33:59

danymarc wrote

Won't be enough, you will need to add EAP series indoor APs, as many as need it

ah ok i understand.. they need AP at every floor inside.

but for garden and balconies cep210 is ok.
Options
2015-12-12 19:53:54

fanatik wrote

for garden and balconies cep210 is ok.

How many you will need inside, will depend how you deploy the outdoor, if you deploy from balcony facing to the garden or from the end of the garden facing to the balconies, you never posted distances and sq. mts. 210 can handle 60 mts of Lan cable from its POE (power over ethernet) and with one line you can power 2- 210s in case you deploy 2, separation between them should be at least 4 mts.
Options
2015-12-12 21:29:53

danymarc wrote

How many you will need inside, will depend how you deploy the outdoor, if you deploy from balcony facing to the garden or from the end of the garden facing to the balconies, you never posted distances and sq. mts. 210 can handle 60 mts of Lan cable from its POE (power over ethernet) and with one line you can power 2- 210s in case you deploy 2, separation between them should be at least 4 mts.

i dont know exact distance or sq but too little garden.about 10msq so i said one cep210 enough and they also use other AP inside
they only ask me for an advice. of course you are right to should say distances...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 827

Replies: 8