TL-SG108E on wireless bridge not discovered by config util

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-20 01:41:29
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I can configure the switch attached to the router in my office but the switch in my TV room attached to a WiFi extender is not listed by the utility. It does appear to be working correctly otherwise.

The config utility is installed on a Win10 desktop connected via WiFi. Router is Netgear R6300v2, extender is Netgear Trek. The switch's default IP was not changed before install.

I assume I could disconnect everything and move the switch back to the office for configuration but I'd like to fgure out how I can configure it in place?

Thanks,

Edit> Easy fix actually but I'll leave this posted on the off chance it might help someone else. When I reconnected my desktop to the extender's SID the config utility found the switch and let me change its IP to the 192.168.1 subnet. When I reconnected back to the main SID, the config utility found both switches and let me log on to both.

I assume changing the IP before installing in remote location would also work, or running the utility on a laptop wired to switch...
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG108E on wireless bridge not discovered by config util
2015-12-24 14:40:06
Thanks for your sharing. I made a similar mistake. The IP address of the managed PC should be in the same subnet of the switch.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 1