Cannot stream camera video through TL-SG1008P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-28 00:53:11
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have connected my Trendnet TV-IP310PI camera (802.3af compliant) to one of the POE ports on TP link switch.
TP link recognises camera and lights POE light and camera definitely powered as LEDs light when attached.
The Link/Act light is flashing so is receiving data from the camera.
Problem is cannot get any video data to stream through TP link switch to router.
The camera is definitely working as by passed switch direct to router and even using a wi-fi link works so does seem to be the TP link not streaming the data.
My camera monitor app on my pc can see the camera is present but does not get any video data and cannot even access it to change any settings.
The camera is set to stream H-264 video at 1920 x 1024. It is a 3M camera so high resolution but would not think link could not handle this.
I have my TV, DVD & laptop connected to TP link switch and they all route through with no problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as running out of ideas!!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot stream camera video through TL-SG1008P
2016-01-08 15:32:15
hi, I think maybe you can do the following test: PC--TL-SG1008P--IP camera, and then designate static IP for the camera he PC, then you can ping the camera from the PC to see if the switch can pass the date to the camera.

The problem maybe that when you connect your camera to the switch, it did not get IP successfully from the front router for some reason, so you can check the IP camera's IP or designate static IP for it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 1

Related Articles