TL-WA7210N CPE x2 PTP configuration intermittent disconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-03 08:18:26
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone,

I have a pair of TL-WA7210N CPE running over 6 months now.....then suddenly, my
connection disconnect for some time and then reconnect itself. Usually this happens
in the morning.

I was suspecting the power adapter is playing up, so I went and changed it to new ones
but no avail. The problem still remains.

In the web interface, is possible to troubleshoot whether there is any interference that
the CPE might have experience. Any information to prove that there is interference on the
link.

Also, how to find out what is my max bandwidth on the link?

Thank you for assistance.
Options
5 Reply
TL-WA7210N x2 PTP brigde link intermittent connection down
2016-01-03 09:02:13
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone,

I have a pair of TL-WAL210N working under Point-to-Point Bridge Configuration
The link distance is about only 50-60 metres apart, line-of-sight.

It has been working fine for at least 6 months. Then all the sudden, the link will
get disconnection, during in the morning (usually) and then reconnect after a while.

If I dig into the log, how can it tell me that there might be interference is causing
the link to go down? Is there other ways to troubleshoot what might cause the link
to go down by viewing the log or other means?

Thank you in advance.

[/h][h=1]

Options
Re:TL-WA7210N CPE x2 PTP configuration intermittent disconnection
2016-01-04 11:07:46
If what you mean is a record of wireless environment I'm afraid there isn't.
But if you want to detect the real time reference, on the web-ui of Pharos CPE, you can use the Spectrum Analysis tool.

For evidence, I think you can setup the device in channel of 'Auto' and remark the current working channel. Then next time it reconnect, if the working channel is different, that's much possible the issue caused by reference.
Options
2016-01-05 16:21:14

stupidbird wrote

If what you mean is a record of wireless environment I'm afraid there isn't.
But if you want to detect the real time reference, on the web-ui of Pharos CPE, you can use the Spectrum Analysis tool.

For evidence, I think you can setup the device in channel of 'Auto' and remark the current working channel. Then next time it reconnect, if the working channel is different, that's much possible the issue caused by reference.

Hi stupidbird,

You are assuming that I have upgraded the beta firmware for WA7210N, but in fact I have not.

The Channel frequency that I am using CH 13, which is not being used as far as I know according to
the last wireless survey done. But yet the link will be momentarily down/disconnect or reconnected again.

This problem started last few weeks. Before that, it was working fine. Could it be the CPE is
slowly becomes faulty? How to check? I have no idea on how the log works.

The only solution I have found while waiting for an answer was switch to legacy 802.11g wireless.
The link because stable. Otherwise it set to "11n only" the link will get disconnection and reconnect
at Ch 13.

How to mitigate the interference? Mount both the CPEs higher?

Due to the fact that the link is not 100% line-of-sight scenario, the solution was to go with 2.4GHz band.
If I opt for 5GHz band, I need to buy new set of CPE and do a massive rewiring job let alone finding
a good position for line-of-sight.:)
Options
2016-01-05 19:00:58
1. Even if you configure the AP in CH13 it could still conflict with other device working on CH9/10/11/12/14, look at the below image.

2. The situation that you select 11n only seems like the wireless environment is so poor that the device negotiate to a very low speed. Would you please use the Inssider to detect the environment and post the result? Besides, attach the STATUS tab of TL-WA7210N. And try to select 802.11b/g/n mixed and see which mode the device is under.
3. Since TL-WA7210N uses build-in antenna with horizontal/vertical beamwidth of 60°/30°. So you should align the two devices as accurate as possible. Deviation leads to bad quality of communication.
Options
2016-01-06 20:29:32
Hi, thanks for reply.

Thanks for showing the graph.

Ok, I presume I am getting a lot of interference from my neighbourhood wireless AP.
Usually, wireless AP have small gain omnidirectional antenna running at 360 degrees.
Should move both the CPE at both ends to a higher level, in order to mitigate the interference
on my CPE?

I know that if the CPE sense that the surrounding area if someone is using legacy 802.11g speed,
The CPE will throttle down form 802.11N speed to 802.11g speed.

1 CPE is located under a corrugated metal zinc roof, but is able to see the other end of the CPE, the distance
is only about 50-60 metres apart.

If use inssider to see the wireless environment, do I need to post the result every hour or so, since
the channel usage will be different after every few hours? It is constantly changing that is what I saying.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 679

Replies: 5

Related Articles