SG1016DE and Link Aggregation/Port Trunking issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-06 05:53:47
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I'm having issues to setup the link aggregation un my SG1016DE :

I have a QNAP on the ports 1,2,3,4 with the aggregation in mode Balance-alb (if i set IEEE 802.3ad the NAS won't connect, first problem), an iMac with 4 ports on 7,8,9,10 but I'm unable to make it works, now I did a test with a LAG only on 3 ports to have the main port working and make this test, port 15 and 16 are connected to the rest of the network for internet connection and other clients.

When I set up the LAG at first the LAG is recognized by the iMac but with a wrong self assigned IP and the connection is not sending and recieving:

After a minute or two the connection lose the self assigned IP and goes in "no partner" status:

I think it may be an hardware problem and I have to request an RMA, but before doing it I would like to hear your opinion.

Thanks in advance.
Options
4 Reply
Re:SG1016DE and Link Aggregation/Port Trunking issues
2016-01-08 14:51:21
Hi, the second picture can not be seen or dowloaded, when I click the picture, it skips to another website.
As I know, the TL-SG1016DE only supports static LAG (called Port Trunk), and I am not sure whether your iMac supports static LAG as well, or they are based on the same protocol.
Maybe you can contact the TP-LINK supporter directly for help.
Options
2016-01-08 19:46:07

Kobe wrote

Hi, the second picture can not be seen or dowloaded, when I click the picture, it skips to another website.
As I know, the TL-SG1016DE only supports static LAG (called Port Trunk), and I am not sure whether your iMac supports static LAG as well, or they are based on the same protocol.
Maybe you can contact the TP-LINK supporter directly for help.

I contacted the support few days ago, they wasn't very helpful, they made me check the cables, only that and then they suggest me to sent it for a RMA, and I think I will do the change, less wasting of time at the end...
Options
2016-01-13 11:45:31
Hope the new product will solve your problem.
Options
2016-02-26 04:17:06
I'm having exactly the same problem I've literally spent about 15 hours trying to get this to work to no avail.

Very disappointed as I bought this switch for the Link Aggregation.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2505374
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6080

Replies: 4