CPE210 Configuration Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-15 02:05:47
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I bought a few days ago a device TP-Link CPE210 can not properly configure the bridge wifi with my CPE210. Data included in the configuration are correct and the device connects properly to the wifi network to use (no data connection in how the graph is above in statut you see data every second). But if I try to connect to the wifi network was not working. I tried with both PC and Smartphone, but nothing!I also tried in repeater mode but once active connection requires me to continually username and password.Where am I wrong?To be noted that the wifi network (network Free University) is protected by WPA and asks me User Name (social security number) and password (PIN number) to access.I hope you manage to solve my problem.I am attaching a photo even screenshots of the screen "Status".
File:
received_10205265696073264.jpegDownload
Options
5 Reply
CPE201 Configuration Problems
2016-01-15 02:44:26
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I bought a few days ago a device TP-Link CPE210 can not properly configure the bridge wifi with my CPE210. Data included in the configuration are correct and the device connects properly to the wifi network to use (no data connection in how the graph is above in statut you see data every second). But if I try to connect to the wifi network was not working. I tried with both PC and Smartphone, but nothing!I also tried in repeater mode but once active connection requires me to continually username and password.Where am I wrong?To be noted that the wifi network (network Free University) is protected by WPA and asks me User Name (social security number) and password (PIN number) to access.I hope you manage to solve my problem.I am attaching a photo even screenshots of the screen "Status".
File:
received_10205265696073264.jpegDownload
Options
Re:CPE210 Configuration Problems
2016-01-15 09:13:56
Would you please try:
1. Ping www.google.com on CPE210 in Tools tab.
2. Use your PC/Smartphone to connect directly to network with SSID 'WLUCTSTUD' to see if the problem occurs.
3. Select none-security on CPE210.
4. Double check your username and password is correct.
Options
2016-01-22 09:52:44
1. You can try to Enbale/Disable WDS under wireless menu.
2. Try to use WPA security in bridge mode's wireless AP settingif possible, while this requires Free University Radius server's IP/password.

I see in you radius status AP sector, there are two connected clients, it means your device has connected to CPE210 successfully.
So I guess it also might be some restrictions on your Free University network...Not the CPE itself
Options
2016-01-22 10:09:34
The CPE is working.

But it doesn't necessarily mean the 'WLUCTSTUD' wifi will allow you to re-broadcast it.
And your configuration should be check.

Here are what you can try.

1. Still using bridge mode. Ensure you input the correct username/password in wireless menu for 'WLUCTSTUD'. Disable WDS.

2. Try AP client router mode.
Ensure you input the correct username/password in wireless menu for 'WLUCTSTUD' .
And because 'WLUCTSTUD' is using WPA encryption, you need to try either EAP-methods.

Then you can enable local AP setttings for rebroadcasting local SSID. Use WPA-psk for local SSID.
Options
2016-01-22 10:25:14
If it still doesn't work. Then it is limited by the upstream network restrictions. It has nothing to do with CPE.
Options