Multiple Pharos configuration help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-15 17:17:15
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello.
I am about to setup a free WiFi service in a village, so i shall install 5 Pharos antennas on a high pole in the center of the area. I will connect them to the operator modem through an 8-port switch.
Is there a thread explaining the software configuration that needs to be made in order for the antennas to work as clones (same id and pass)?
Thanks in advance.
Options
9 Reply
Re:Multiple Pharos configuration help
2016-01-15 17:44:47

soundco wrote

so i shall install 5 Pharos antennas on a high pole in the center of the area

Just don't make this umbrella http://youtu.be/sCfXgtyceYg
At top of this page, there is a Tab (FAQ) you will find all tutos there, here is AP mode config. http://www.tplink.com/en/faq-730.html
Options
2016-01-16 21:00:23
You want t create a connection between Operator and Village.
Options
2016-01-18 01:54:47
Yes, and my concern is the software configuration.
Options
2016-01-18 09:43:40
You want to realize a village area of wireless coverage? Always we use AP mode on CPEs to provide wireless access. However, this project is not that simple. You should pay attention to factors such as client number, landform and obstruction etc. No offense, I advise you to consult an expert.
Options
2016-01-19 05:38:26

stupidbird wrote

You want to realize a village area of wireless coverage? Always we use AP mode on CPEs to provide wireless access. However, this project is not that simple. You should pay attention to factors such as client number, landform and obstruction etc. No offense, I advise you to consult an expert.

My friend,
Thanks for the aadvise.
I have already taken under consideration all the factors you mentioned and i already know that it should be set on AP mode.
As for the client number, the bandwidth will be managed by a smart switch.
What i don't know is the configuration needed so 5 CPEs that will cover all the perimeter, will be cloned so that only one SSID & password will show.
Options
2016-01-19 09:02:59
The below is my concern, if you have solved this issue please just ignore them:
How big is your village? The distance of CPE210/CPE510 could reach 5km/15km. Maybe you can use 5 CPEs to cover the whole village.
However, for mobile devices such as smart phones, laptops, they could reach no more than 100m due to limitation of transmit power.
That means you should cut your village into to a lot of circles each with radius of 100m and deploy the CPE dispersedly.
What's more, you should consider interference between adjacent circles.
This seems a big project and that's why I advise you to consult an expert.
Options
2016-01-19 20:16:26

soundco wrote

I am about to setup a free WiFi service in a village, so i shall install 5 Pharos antennas on a high pole in the center of the area.

This seems a big project and that's why I advise you to consult an expert.

@bird, as long as he keeps his main idea of 5 Pharos antennas on a high pole in the center, this umbrella, is a fail
and to whoever dares to ask why, the answer is in this sentence from your previous post
should consider interference between adjacent circles.
Options
2016-01-21 14:32:19

danymarc wrote

@bird, as long as he keeps his main idea of 5 Pharos antennas on a high pole in the center, this umbrella, is a fail
and to whoever dares to ask why, the answer is in this sentence from your previous post
should consider interference between adjacent circles.

My friend Dynamarc
How then, can you explain the following configuration posted in TP link website?:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-37_CPE210.html
File:
Pharos configuration.PNGDownload
Options
2016-01-21 18:38:12

soundco wrote

How then, can you explain the following configuration posted in TP link website?:

You been looking at deploys, but not seeing it.
That is just a draw
1-it does not provide separation between CPEs
2-as you and all forumers, we have seen many deploys as the draw you post, but wherever there is one, you are not seeing at the RFArmour Shields (there are other brands)
http://www.rfarmor.com/index.php/nanostation-kits.html
All towers deployed by pro WISP have shields
Reason why you find towers packed with radios
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1213

Replies: 9