Problem with WA 7510N and signal from WISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-23 23:47:45
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello. I bought this device (TL-WA 7510N), to establish connection with my WISP, on 5ghz. But the signal is very poor, about 26-27 db and it results with bad signal quality and slow internet. Distance between my location and AP of my WISP is 1,5 km, without any physical barriers between. I intend to use device in "WISP Client mode".
Another problem is length of LAN cable for PoE- device won't work with cable longer than 10m. Tell me how to solve these problems-the most important thing is to get quality signal from my WISP. Maybe, there is something to do with settings. Thank you.
Options
18 Reply
2016-01-24 04:31:17
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

P.s I didn't mention, that my wisp uses dual polarized sector antenna! Thanks again!
Options
Re:Problem with WA 7510N and signal from WISP
2016-01-24 18:28:44

Salamander wrote

Another problem is length of LAN cable for PoE- device won't work with cable longer than 10m

Power supply is 12vdc test with a higher power supply between 16 or 20 and many of the issues will be solved
Options
2016-01-25 01:35:15

danymarc wrote

Power supply is 12vdc test with a higher power supply between 16 or 20 and many of the issues will be solved

"Higher power supply", is it safe and won't damage device? It's still in warranty period. I don't want to loose it. Thanks anyway.
Options
2016-01-25 08:15:32
I would not post if I didn't know.
Power supply is a major bug in legacy TL devices
should had bought CPE510?
Options
2016-01-25 08:55:34
Change another CAT5 Ethernet cable or upper level. Once the problem still exists, change the injector/power supply if available.
You can try the below to see if the issue improve:
1. Wireless > Wireless Advanced > Antenna Setting, choose 'Vertical Antenna' in the drop-down list.
2. Wireless > Distance Setting, input 1.65km in the blank.
3. Wireless > Antenna Alignment, adjust the orientation to face the WISP base station.
Options
2016-01-25 23:12:58

stupidbird wrote

Change another CAT5 Ethernet cable or upper level. Once the problem still exists, change the injector/power supply if available.
You can try the below to see if the issue improve:
1. Wireless > Wireless Advanced > Antenna Setting, choose 'Vertical Antenna' in the drop-down list.
2. Wireless > Distance Setting, input 1.65km in the blank.
3. Wireless > Antenna Alignment, adjust the orientation to face the WISP base station.

I've tried 1.,2. and 3. Didn't help. The only thing left is to buy higher power supply.
Options
2016-01-26 03:22:54

Salamander wrote

The only thing left is to buy higher power supply.

we all have lots of junk at home (specially wifi hobbyists) for sure you have one.
Edit:
I learned about it in a South America WISP forum,(Ryohnosuke) I asked my dear friend @Victor Ramos the max. power supply you can inject on 7510, once he answers, I'll post it. he has a pair of 7510s
Options
2016-01-26 08:20:11

danymarc wrote

Edit:
I learned about it in a South America WISP forum,(Ryohnosuke) I asked my dear friend @Victor Ramos the max. power supply you can inject on 7510, once he answers, I'll post it. he has a pair of 7510s

Thank you, for your help. I am looking forward to hear your info about higher power supply. I have one more question: will higher power improve performances of device? So far it was very disappointing and the signal of my wisp was poor. Thx!
Options
2016-01-26 08:51:45

Salamander wrote

will higher power improve performances of device?

well this device has its reputation, like i told you should have bought CPE510, but there is one more to do, in case you have to stick with 7510, if you are Techy on wifi, you can flash Gargoyle third party software, it will become a rock solid device, but lets go one by one @Victor Ramos must be busy, I talk to him daily more than once, so be patient please, as soon as i have the answer I will post.
EDIT: I enclosed answer in blue 20VDC (volts)

subir imagenes gratis
Options
2016-01-26 10:48:38
Hi everyone..., I'm sorry at all for my bad english...

@Salamander ... was finished to read your post, and tell my experience with this devices, I never will connect more distance to 1 km... less stability I used with 30 meters CAT5 Ethernet cable to high quality... but when this cpe work in high data transference, increase the current comsuption. and his power supply no give more current and down the voltage...

I asking me why other manufacturers yours devices are conected to 24, 28, 48 volts... is only possible for the internal voltage regulators... later check inside the chip voltage regulator, (7510 have thre, two RT8270 8pins and one LM 1117 3 pins, see the datasheet, RT8270 max input voltage is equal to 22 volts, and LM1117 max input voltage is equal to 20 volts...

determines what max input voltage to this device is 20 Volts, and change the original power supply for one the Laptop toshiba 19V 3.5A. and work well, same case is for my two 5210 and one 741nd in my second wisp, first uses a at power supply for 12volts, and changes for one charger laptop same... for this thre devices... work fine... no inestability..

and all data was share to my dear friend @danymarc, and he post this up...

hope my experience help yours...

Regards...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2506

Replies: 18