Best configuration for large house/property with wired router and multiple APs?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-02-01 02:02:18
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I setup a wired router (TL-R600VPN) with three (non-TP-Link) access points to fully cover a large home/property but the APs proved to be inadequate so I purchased a CPE210 to test it. It worked really well so I'm going to buy 2 more and install all 3 in the attic (much easier thanks to the POE injectors!) The existing APs were each configured as [SSID]-K (kitchen), [SSID]-B (bedroom), and [SSID]-G (garage) - but there's a way to configure them to all look like a single AP to any connected devices, isn't there? So that devices can roam throughout the property switching seamlessly and transparently from one AP to the next? What is this type of configuration called and how do I configure the APs to make it happen?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Best configuration for large house/property with wired router and multiple APs?
2016-02-01 14:26:21
Are all the AP installed indoor? You can try EAP220
Options
Re:Best configuration for large house/property with wired router and multiple APs?
2016-02-01 22:09:06

Donny Bahama wrote

but there's a way to configure them to all look like a single AP to any connected devices, isn't there?

Yes, just set same SSID (Wireless network name) to all
And if they are indoors, they have answered on #2 in case they have it on stock where you buy
Options
2021-07-15 13:49:58

@Donny Bahama 

Wesetup wifi setup in our office where we working on a food site cafehopping.sg. We followed this thread one by one .

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/212640 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 726

Replies: 3