Cannot access CPE220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot access CPE220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cannot access CPE220
Cannot access CPE220
2016-02-01 02:03:31
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I have recently bought a CPE210 - I've followed the instructions for setting up and thought I got it working ok.
I've then mounted it on the roof of my house to allow me to get internet access at the bottom of the garden.
I set it up as an access point.
Using some wifi analysis software I can see that the device is transmitting however no device will connect to network despite being able to see it. I thought I would do a factory reset and try setting it up as a wifi extender however I cannot seem to log in to the CPE210 to change the settings. I have tried to do a remote factory reset but that doesnt seem to do anything - the device is still transmitting with the same SSID.
When I connect the device to the LAN port (in the power unit) the PC doesn't detect it.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? It seems like it should be simple but I can't work it out.

I am trying to avoid having to climb back on to the roof if at all possible!

I appreciate your input.

Thanks.
Options
13 Reply
Re:Cannot access CPE220
2016-02-01 14:15:32
have you changed the IP of CPE210?
what is the subnet IP of your LAN?

Is there any error indication while you are trying to connect this SSID?
Options
2016-02-01 14:31:50
Your device is broadcasting SSID, that means it connect proper to your adapter. So press the remote reset button on adapter for 10~15 seconds.
For logging in to the device, did you set static IP on your PC?
BTW, did you connect your CPE210 to your router? It seems like the other device couldn't get IP address as a result of absence of DHCP server.
Options
2016-02-01 23:38:03
Thanks for your messages. I've not changed the IP address since it was set up - followed the instructions at used 192.168.1.10
Yes, I tried setting the static ip address on my PC - same as when I set it up the first time.
When I set it up I plugged directly into the LAN port on the device (rather than the remote LAN on the power supply). Would that make any difference?

Strange thing is when I plug into the router it does not show up as a connected device in the administration screen which is the same as when I plug directly into the PC. However if I stand at the bottom of the garden and get a signal reading on my app if the device is plugged into the router, if I unplug it the signal disappears.

I tried the remote resetting for 15 seconds yesterday - I will give it a go again tonight just in case I didn't wait long enough.

The error message I get when connecting was comething along the times of "no internet access available" - then I think it drops the connection otherwise I would have tried accessing the CPE220 when it was connected (despite not having an internet connection).
Options
2016-02-02 13:51:36
if the device has static IP, of course it does not show up on your DHCP client list.

I think it is just something wrong with your setting. I suggest you'd better test it till it works before install to the roof.
What is your topology, like this?
router(LAN)---CPE210 )))((((phone

the setting procedure is quite simple,
1.make sure you can access internet using this LAN
2.set CPE210 to AP mode, just set the SSID and password
3.connect CPE210 to router

you can set the static IP of CPE210 to the same subnet of your router, so you can manage it with a PC which connects to ther router.
Options
2016-02-03 02:01:20
Yes, this is exactly what I did before I mounted it on the roof.
The setup is as you described Router(LAN)--CPE2010 ))(( phone/laptop
I cannot login to change the IP of the CPE210. I have a feeling this might be set to dynamic but I cannot be 100% certain.

I am trying to reset to start again so I now have PC connected to the LAN port of the PoE adapter. I hold in the reset button for 20 seconds. I follow the instructions here: Login to pharos web managment system but I still cannot login. I've set a static ip on the PC.

I'm sure I have set it up wrong but I should still be able to login via the PoE adapter right?? And following a reset my laptop should detect a device connected via the network card, i.e. a network connection
I'm now wondering if it is a fault of the PoE adapter since I had no issues when I connected directly to the CPE210 device before it went on the roof!
Options
2016-02-03 02:33:18

cmrule wrote

I have a feeling this might be set to dynamic but I cannot be 100% certain

feelings and not been certain, are a bad combination to get you going.
bring down your CPE, Reset to defaults and start over, should never been deploy outside if you didnt do test with Lap or Smartphone.
try settimg channel #1 freq 2412 or #11 freq 2462
Options
2016-02-03 02:55:39

danymarc wrote

feelings and not been certain, are a bad combination to get you going.
bring down your CPE, Reset to defaults and start over, should never been deploy outside if you didnt do test with Lap or Smartphone.
try settimg channel #1 freq 2412 or #11 freq 2462

Not being certain is the reason for wanting to log in or reset. I can get it down, but surely I should be able to reset it from the PoE adaptor - if I cant do then then isnt there a fault??
It was set up before it was mounted on the roof - when logged in it appeared to be working, i.e. data transfer was being displayed but clearly my testing wasnt robust enough - lesson learnt!
Options
2016-02-03 03:58:17

cmrule wrote

1-isnt there a fault??
2-when logged in it appeared to be working

1-did you buy patch cable, or you guys did the crimp, then it could be a bad crimp.
2- it appeared to be working we will never know reality
Options
2016-02-03 04:47:17

danymarc wrote

1-did you buy patch cable, or you guys did the crimp, then it could be a bad crimp.
Bought a cable
2- it appeared to be working we will never know reality
We can be 100% certain that I can login if plugged directly into the device and not via the power unit.

If someone can tell me that I should be able to
a) reset it AND/OR
b) login when I am plugged into the PoE power supply
.....surely we can deduce there is a fault with the unit?
Options
2016-02-03 07:46:00

cmrule wrote

We can be 100% certain that I can login if plugged directly into the device and not via the power unit.

Pharos line uses POE
can you explain whats quoted on bold, cause I do not understand how you are able to connect to 220 without the POE (power unit)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4327

Replies: 13

Related Articles